Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

How much you weighing now adays? Any pics? (total homo)

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Confused why the study does not show what TKJTJ wants to prove. He is trying to prove that as long as the pad fits the arms correctly it does not matter if the arm is muscular or not right? Based on the study im guessing the large pad is what fits and the small pad doesn't. I'm guessing the assumptions made by the the people who carried out the study are that the bodybuilders blood pressures follow a known distribution (apparently normal) with a known mean and variance and seeing as the sample size is 144 thats a perfectly fine assumption. They then separated the sample into 2 segments people with less then 140 SBP and people with a SBP of over 140. They then did a goodness of fit test on the 2 sets of data at some chosen confidence interval, which showed that the chance of the large pad data following the known distribution was within the confidence interval and the chance of the data with the small pad following the known distribution was less then the confidence interval. Based on that they said as long as you use a well fitted pad the measured blood pressures follow the known distribution, which means they are accurate for muscular arms.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

215 now! :)

Fits/looks pretty much the same as any Rick Owen's plain drop-crotch long pants that's put out:

[​IMG]

I got a good deal on it so I'm just going to break even.. ready... set... $180 shipped conus.. GO!!!!

EDIT: wait.. I just realized something.. were you asking for pictures of the pants or me? lolol

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I only buy cheap clothes. How much are you asking for me to get my Beiber on?

*EDIT* Thats reasonable

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

How can I put 45kg on my deadlift before november so I can take the british deadlift record in the under 20s? Our records are absolute shit. Charly could probably smash all of them.

6. mrchariybrown

Haha yea I put them up on SZ 30 minutes ago and I have 3 people in line to buy them.

Are you saying my lifts are a touch above absolute shit? :paranoia:

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Have a date coming over soon. Made some salmon with lemon and capers. Served with quinoa and roasted asparagus.

[​IMG]

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

You could read the conclusion? Strong guessing.

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

^And a new contender emerges!!

10. mrchariybrown

Only picture of me at the moment at around 215 is the one my girlfriend instagramed during my unsuccessful epsom salt bath (boiler wasn't turned on high so I ran out of hot water lol -__-)

[​IMG]

As you can see.. I'm built "thick", not "wide"..

Anyways.. this is the heaviest I've been :)

The 1,500 calories milk shake I'm drinking before bed every night finally helped me break the barrier.

This really resonates with the J.M. Blakely article on eating for size.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Not really guesses, obviously the large one is what fits the arm properly and obviously blood pressure is normally distributed with a known mean and variance. If they did the test like how I wrote it out, which is very likely since it is a very commonly used and even if they didn't then there are several other tests they could do without even using the assumption that its a normal distribution. Either way they used some kind of hypothesis test on if the blood pressure measured via blood pressure monitor of a muscular fit the expected values and it did.

If TKJTJ wanted to give me the mean and variance of blood pressure I could prove it fairly easily, ideally with the data set too. Going over this chapter of statistics anyway, more fun the text book questions

Charly, please tell me the contents of your milkshake so I can see if it is superior to mine.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Man, if I keep losing weight and Charly keeps gaining it, he's going to take the crown as resident fatty.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Nice. Although the side plate of salmon is a little odd. Why not just serve 2 pieces each?

14. mrchariybrown

This fatty still has a six pack :p

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Obvious answer is obvious. The extra plate of salmon is for when he wakes up at 3am while she's sleeping.