1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I don't really know when I hit 1000 but when I first got serious about training, it was about 3 years ago.

About 6 months later, I did my first meet on 6/4/11. It was only a push-pull. Got a 285 bench and 465 pull. I think my squat was around a 350 in training. So let's say my projected total was around 1100.

About a month ago, I totaled 1585. So about 2.5 years from 1100 to 1585.

I'd say it was fairly linear in progress. Slow and steady, but consistent. My squat and bench have really shined. Deadlifts, not so much, but hoping to change in 2014. 700+ pull coming your way.

2. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

[​IMG]

3 yeas ago I dipped under 170 for a brief time. My friends and family thought I was literally dying.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. mrchariybrown

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Wow really? That sucks I don't wanna lift for another 3 years to hit 1500 :(

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

dude you got a long ass way if you not even pulling 300 yet, takes time tho i guess.

I'm curious to see how this year treats me, I hope its a good one. I think my lifting goals for 2014 is just to not be so hard on myself and trust even more in the process.

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I'm also ~ 5'6". MANLET STATUS.

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Haha.

I've heard so much conflicting opinions about my lifting from my family.

- I bulked last fall and winter. They told me I was getting "too big" and that I should stop trying to gain weight.
    - I began cutting during the following spring. At the end of the cut, mum sees me without a shirt and freaks out.
    - I stop cutting a while later and start eating more to get back in a calorie surplus. They questioned my big meals and whether I "need to eat that much".
    - I am now back to bulking and they continue to tell me that I shouldn't get bigger.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. Khayembii Communique

I have a feeling I'm going to get up to 350, maybe 400, pretty easily once I start using straps

9. mrchariybrown

I have people telling me all the time not to be hard on myself and life would be so much easier if I listened.. but to be quite honest, I like punishing myself physically and mentally.. I know for a fact I wouldn't be where I am right now if I weren't hard on myself to be better.

I'm going 1850 by the end of 2014. I fucking know it.

10. virus646

virus646 Senior member

You might wanna change attitude if you wanna get strong :satisfied:

Most of the strong dudes you see on youtube have years(5,10,20+) of experience. People don't seem to realize that it is a quite a marathon.

1 person likes this.
  11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I hear ya. I'm hard on myself in a dumb and time wasteful way. I push myself hard but then I will double guess every step of the way.

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Would like to hit 1000 total by 2014, so that's about 300lb over right now. Sound doable?

What exactly does this involve?

13. Khayembii Communique

Oh I'm not gonna stop or anything, I just wanna be huge now. But you can't have your cake and eat it too without pinning, I suppose.

14. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

^ If grip strength is truly what's holding you back I could see that. I never used straps but focused hard on my failing grip and hand position and my dead lift skyrocketed.

Thanks for this. It's nice to know you weren't always a fuckin' beast and we started somewhere near the same level haha.

My bulk kinda turned into a recomp instead /shrug. I'm floating at 160lbs, but I feel and I think look leaner and bigger than my previous 170lbs. My g/f says maybe it's because I'm not gorging on tons of food like Krispy Kreme, in-n-out, etc. like I did last time to shoot from 150 to 180. Feels pretty good actually. I tested out my 1RM with a friend who happened to be lifting heavy on his 531 days and I've stayed relatively in the same spots maybe losing a bit here and there.

445 DL
    355 Squat
    215 Bench

So pretty successful, but now I really need to focus on an actual bulk and get my weight up a bit. 160 feels good, but I feel I'd be that much stronger at a plump 180+

15. Eason

Eason Senior member

Breaking 1000+ and donating 100$ to charity isn't on there eh :(

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

17. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I don't want to oversimplify it but he had my friend run through some exercises/movements while he looked for imbalances and lack of adequate mobility.

For example, he had him do one legged step ups on a box and could see misalignment of the hips, knees, etc.

18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I don't have lifting goals for 2014. Regain my strength I guess.

My fitness goals are not really lifting related anymore. I just want to not get injured and be able to run a 10k

19. fuji

fuji Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Been doing conventional deads for the last 2 or so weeks. Haven't done them since pretty much when I first started lifting, but my sumo is stalling so I thought i'd change it up. Didn't use straps to appease the rhetards. Using them for the last year or so doesn't seem to have negatively affected my grip strength. Body weight of 181.

2 people like this.
  20. Eason

Eason Senior member

Looking good fuji