Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gort

gort Senior member

Just hang out at your local pool once it opens. Much cheaper than tanning beds and you get to stare at some teddies hopefully.:satisfied:

2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Alright let's get off tanning wat about this albuterol shit I've been reading about

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

5 star post

lmao

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Carbed up yesterday and woke up looking like this morning. No pump and not flexing:

[​IMG]

inb4 make your bed
    inb4 strong pic of gf on nightstand

5. gort

gort Senior member

thick. solid. tight.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

and this man is an engineer

7. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

How do you do the carb up thing? I've been having a "cheat day" on friday where i break away from low carbs and no sugary stuff, today i've eaten a KFC meal, a full sugar monster energy, and about to eat a pizza. Also had some fruit juice, chocolate milk and easter egg. Sounds unhealthy brahs. Been eating a lot of salads, lean beef and protein shakes the rest of the week with the occasional quadruple cheeseburger for da protein and low carbs that it provides. I probably eat too dirty to even deserve a cheat meal.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Carbing up isn't the same thing as cheating. Everyone does it differently... But when I'm at a point I feel that I'm carb depleted(usually once a week), I up carbs to 400g+ using simple sugars such as in candy and decrease fats to compensate. I eat at maintenance on a carb up day...so it's not really a cheat meal.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

10. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Yeah, the whole point of carbing up is to up your carbs, not just cramming down a shitload of bad food. From my understanding, you should pretty much never combine a very high carb intake with high fat intake (unless you go all out on a bulk). Doing this while dieting, and esp. as often as once a week, might hinder your progress. A "cheat day" should ideally be high in carbs, same protein intake as always, but low fat.

I do my whole cut Leangains style which makes every workout day a carb up day (3 times a week). I eat approx 350 carbs with very little fat (sub 50g) and enough protein (220-240g) at maintenance (2800 cals). All other days, rest days (4 times a week), are same protein intake but high fat (70-90g) and only trace carbs (40-60g).

Read this:
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/11/cheat-day-strategies-for-hedonist.html

It addresses what I wrote but also how to eat smart on a holiday / birthday / true cheat day where only unhealthy food is available.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

i love box squats

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

20 minutes ago saw a 30 year old bruh with a "testicular mass". Felt the dudes nut...what he was feeling was his epididymis. Told him it wasn't cancer. He looked at me and said "oh thank heaven!! God bless you!" and shook my hand. After he left the room he went back out to the waiting room and announced. "It isn't cancer!!!"

Lol.

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

WOW LOL. I think every dude thinks his epididymis is testicular cancer at one point, but a quick google search saves a trip to the doctor and TKJTG feelin some nuts.

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I've got 5lbs of grassfed beef chuck slow roasting in my crockpot for 12 hours. The thing is like 5" thick, never seen a chuck so tall, probably should have cut it in half before I slow cooked it. Hopefully it will still fall apart after 12 hours.

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Can't make this up...asked the same guy if he was sexually active. His response:

"We'll I haven't had sex in the last week cuz I was afraid ejaculating would spread around the cancer cells and I also didn't want to give any to my fiancé"

Had a hard time keeping a straight face in that one lol