Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

this thread is so gay

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

hey bro i need you to help rotate me...internally

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Dat feel when fuji has better hammies than you :(

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Wait.. really?

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Eh I have chronic insecurity regarding my lagging hamstrings. It comes from years of squatting entirely with my quads. So I got juicy as fuck quads and relatively weaker hammies. Been working on bringing them up but it's pretty hard on a cut.

6. mrchariybrown

Ah~

Best thing that helped me is pounding my back squat form. Your poundage and ego will take a hit in the beginning but ain't no better way imo. Plus you'll get the added benefit of squatting correctly and getting overall stronger like that.

That's the only thing I really do that hits hammies besides some good mornings and leg curls.. and I've got some beefy ass hamstrings.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Been doing exactly that. Dropped the weight by a couple hundred pounds and have worked my way back up. Definitely utilizing my hammies more. Have also switched to a stiff-legged DL instead of just trying to squat the weight up. Has made a good difference and I've gotten some development in my hammies the past few weeks. I imagine they'll catch up nicely when I'm no longer eating at a deficit.

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

my hamstrings/glutes have shrunk a ton since the cut. I guess machine hamstring curls were not cutting it lol. It's weird becuase i feel like my quads are still pretty beefy but all my pants are way too big.

I did a bunch of straight legged sumo deads last night and they felt great and i realized i should probably just do good mornings because that's what i was doing anyway. probably belted to avoid aggravating my injury.

i'm kinda seeing a chick who's a crossfitter now. brb impressing her with my paleo cooking skills. just made a batch of dat dere spaghetti squash. came out ok but hopefully i can get to the point where i can just use that as a starch instead of relying on rice.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

Cambridge gym has the shittest pull up bar. It's really near the ceiling so I couldn't do proper pull ups. I did those pull ups where you lean back instead and pull to your chest. Felt really good actually, got 5x8 easy as fuck. Bar was also really skinny, which i prefer, did 5x8 in a smith machine with normal pull ups and it was ridiculously hard because of how thick the bar was. Also did meadows rows instead of db rows today, they're a good feel. Do not believe my hams are bigger then TKJTJs, I suppose I've gotten my straight leg dead fairly high so maybe.

More of teh womens advice rhet brahs. Taking that girl out tomorrow, also seeing a mate and his ex gf. I absolutely hate his ex, she's always been a massive cunt to me, but now since she's his ex i'm allowed to rip into her as much as I want. She does art history at Warick so basically a do you even education degree, problem is girl im taking out is also doing a poverty degree. How do I balance ripping into my mates ex and not offending this girl?

Knucks has posted another article on t nation, haven't read it yet, sure it's interesting

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/heavy_partials_for_size_and_strength

Graphic I have found a sickening night for us to go to if we go out on thursday instead of wednesday. Will be at corsica studios.

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

an interesting dilemma

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Fuji your hammies are better not bigger. Better as in more in proportion to the rest of your leg and overall physique

Also weighed in at 185.6 today. Feelsskinnyman

12. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Fuji strong legs but do you even glutes?

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Do these body fat measurments actually work? Don't even care if they are off by a few %, just as long as I can see it rising or falling over the span of a month. I lost my calipers and never liked them anyways because there's so many different variables when using them like; person who is helping you, places measurements are taken, how much skin you take, muscle getting cause with the fat etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-306...65008556&sr=8-1&keywords=body+fat+measurement

14. mrchariybrown

Short answer, no. Pieces of trash.

15. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Why don't you just look in the mirror and if you think you're too fat keep cutting...