1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Wish I'd be able to join but I can't now that I'm living on campus in HK.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

conceptionist you and eason should do a not-so-secret santa for each other because you're both in hk right?

So far we've got 6 people which makes for a decent enough secret santa but still. Fuji, Cool The Kid, Charly and Coldsnap sign your asses up.

edit: also virus and KC

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Do it man. Maybe someone will send you a proper squat rack.

1 person likes this.
  4. conceptionist

Proper squat rack would be nice. I'm actually a member now at a decent gym that has everything but I can't be bothered to take the subway and shit when there's an ok gym on campus.

Actually haven't bro'd out with Eason yet. Have to do it soon if you're reading! Could hit up a gym in the city and eat somewhere afterwards or something like that. I'd be severely outlifted though [​IMG].

5. virus646

virus646 Senior member

The one that you stick with for the longest time possible.

Those pizzas look tasty Graphic! May try that recipe this weekend...

6. Eason

Eason Senior member

You're goddamn right I'm reading. Meet this weekend or I'll kill you. I will stick my goddamn thumbs right though your eyes.

err I mean if we don't meet.

not if we do.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  7. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

In this case, I'm sure the thumbs go somewhere else.

8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

What do you guys use to track your lifts? An app? Spreadsheet? Notebook?

9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Used to use the jefit app but it became too much of a pain in the ass to change stuff up mid workout. Nowadays, I just log it on IA. It might help that I can type it all in as a do it due to home gym...

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

i used to use fitocracy but god is the interface terrible

I think i'm gonna start using a notebook again.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I'm wondering if there's a business case for an easy to use, intuitive app that tracks lifts so you don't have to use a spreadsheet, and can tell you your progress over the past couple weeks/months, have a goal tab that graphically shows where you are in relation to your goals and maybe even be shareable among different people, I don't know. I'd throw food in there too but I have no idea how to develop a database like MFP did.

13. js4design

js4design Senior member

Strong is a pretty good app that I've been using since September. My old app was great, basically a notebook that remembered the name of your exercises, but it was no longer supported with IOS 7. Strong takes a little thought up front to set it up, but it has worked for me doing a 3 day split.

14. concealed

concealed Senior member

I use the electronic version of this - Evernote. I have separate notes for monthly workout logs and various goals. I also use this for my regular life to dos, goals, grocery lists, track my wants, track gift ideas for various people, investment ideas, etc.

Also, picked up two pairs of Lululemon Kung Fu pants, they are great and well worth $98 in my humble opinion.

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

MFP database is user generated, which would make it easy to build and hard to ensure quality. Hell you could even steal their data :hide: Trade offs. I've thought about this as well but have put (almost) zero effort towards making it happen... Not sure you could monetize it effectively anyways, since most people will gravitate towards the free aps... of course those have ads... so yea you could do something with that, but it would have to clearly be better than current options.

16. conceptionist

Lol. I'll come for sure.
    You want to lift on bench day (sat) or deadlift and squat day (sun)? Alternatively, we could just max out all three lifts in one session to test our totals and move some heavier weights :slayer:

Now that I think of it, I've never gone for a true max in any of the lifts or even attempted to do them all in one day

17. Eason

Eason Senior member

Maybe Sunday, because Saturday is my last deload day? Are you a member at physical? If not as long as you bring your HKID/passport they will let you try it out. We could go in TST or Shatin, IDM. Send me a whatsapp and we'll set it up.

18. conceptionist

Sunday it is, but I can only meet from afternoon/mid day and onwards.
    Shatin is easiest for me since that's where the Physical gym I'm a member of is. It's also closest to school and I have a ton of work to do during the day. Lots of nice eats in Shatin too for dat PWO bulking meal.

I'll send you a whatsapp

19. jarude

jarude Senior member

What gym fees do you guys pay?

20. concealed

concealed Senior member

There's some weird membership annual fee of like 48$ and the 2 year price was $25 a month - so its basically $30

I can get out of the contract if I prove that I have moved over 50 miles from current address

Can get into a chain of 10 Golds and 2 other "Club Fitness" across Western MA and northern CT.