Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

In moderation I guess, I think everyone looks better with a bit of sun. Talking like 20 minutes or so a day. I feel much better too when I get sun like that.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Guys guys guys spin class while baked is SO MUCH FUN

3. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Does anyone know where CW-X are made? Nowhere in the tags mention "made in ~"

4. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Kham C, whatever you do, don't go hop in a tanning bed for 20 minutes with your pale self. (I know Coldsnap probably wasn't suggesting 20 minutes/day in a tanning bed, but still) You would be fucking toasted if you did that.

I've been down in Puerto Rico for two weeks and being close to the equator the sun is so much more powerful. Me and my colleague got super burnt the other day and only laid out/swam for 2 hours or so. Made sure I was putting on sunscreen every 30 min or so today on the beach. I can get really really dark though and I already have a full on summer tan right now from these past two trips down here.

Totally DYEL right now though. Shitty hotel gym and been drinking too much (need dat blood test on my liver function). The tan is the only thing keeping my aesthetic.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Which hotel? I hope not the Caribe Hilton. I'll be there in a few months and will be counting on a decent gym at the hotel.

6. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Hah I know, I usually start around 10-12 mins and work up to 15. Last time I did that, anyways.

7. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Hilton isn't bad. up to 100lb DBs. good machines, smith machine, cable machine with pullup bar, and up to 100lb straight bars. This is the Sheraton and is awful. Only 50lb dumbbells. I've just written this place off. I can go get a bit of a pump, but nothing worthwhile.

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

9. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Literally watched that video as i was riding the elevator down to the hotel gym for the first time. It's def the "defibrillator of gyms."

Oh and I'll go ahead and pretty much agree with Rambo. I have a good friend who was 6'4 310 lbs. He has been losing weight and working out for probably 5-7 years now. He had lost 100 pounds at some point, and currently sits around 215-220. He has been on a big crossfit kick lately. In really good shape, has big arms and decent legs, but impossible to get any type of definition for him. He has a lot of loose skin and is planning on surgery at some point, but i still don't ever seen him being aesthetic.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

loving dat post-easter leftover frenzy. ham and eggs. ham omelette. ham and pineapple. ham sandwich. ham. ham in errything, plus cheesecake, pie, 7-layer dip, and more cheesecake. may as well bank on being over maintenance this week..

11. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013

12. Khayembii Communique

Doing snatch grip deads, they KILLED my lower back today. Was trying to focus on retracting my scapulae and driving with the heels/extending hammies to hit the hams/glutes more. Wat gives? Why would they put this shit in an APT correction prog when it hits the lower back so hard? Isn't the lower back being too tight/short a cause of APT?

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

My guess is that you don't have the flexibility to get down to the bar using a snatch grip resulting in rounding

14. Khayembii Communique

Flexibility in what?

15. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Hamstrings