Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. APK

APK Senior member

Yeah, physiques such as the one spoilered above have less to do with poor genetics and more to do with years of self-inflicted abuse toward your body.

2. 1969

1969 Senior member

God dammit I'm finally hitting single digit body fat and had never considered the fact that 20 years of being at 15-20% would mean that my abs are not looking like photo shoot material. Also, regarding blood work in general I suggest a ldl particle test on your cholesterol...way more significant number and one which unfortunately puts me in the worst 1% of risk despite my overall numbers not being that bad.

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

did some reverse band deadlifts today for a ME movement. pretty fun, although the band tension is really tricky.

my mental state during a reverse band pull:

[​IMG]

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

I don't think being at 15% body fat for a while is going to give you shit tonnes of loose skin.

5. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I'm posting in here a lot lately. Bored at work I guess.

Being a pale ass white dude and with summer coming up, just how dangerous are tanning beds, really? I don't want to be pale as fuck but also don't wanna slather brown "self-tanner" shit all over my body and end up looking like a carrot. Anyone got any recs/info on this subject?

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

yeah aware me as well when i tan and get a gorgeous olive tone and that women love

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

as someone who has spent the last four years outside in a pool 8 hours a day i can tell you FUCK tanning. its not worth it bros, unless you want your face to look like a sausage sometime down the road. i look at pictures of me in early university and i get all :( because my skin was so aesthetic, now im starting to look... 26. fuck.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Just prescribed gear lol. Time to sit back and mire dude's libido gains

9. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Lol everyone's face looks like a sausage eventually, I'm not talking about getting fucking dark just being not pale, like the color my forearms already are hahaha.

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

somewhat related, but i hate to find the day where i'll have to accept some age-related limitation on lifting or even life in general. i don't want to peak too early and dream of the "glory days;" i want to be a bad fucking ass old man who embarrasses all the young kids in the weightroom.

11. gort

gort Senior member

dat old man strength

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Duu was only 45

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I am thinking of switching to body weight exercises and cardio as I get older. ~60 y/o dipping & chinning w/weight, single digit BF... thats the dream.

14. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

Bodybuilding.com had a special the other day on the MusclePharm test booster so I snagged a thingie of it. Figure at age 34 it can't hurt and it's worth a try, not that I feel particularly deficient in that area or whatever. Hoping I don't get horrible bacne and want to fight everyone I see!

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Well, we're not talking about me, we're talking about fat fucks. And fat fucks, being fat fucks, will never get down to being skinny fucks.

Yes, thank you, future Dr. And even the folks who do have "the surgery" to have it repaired, will STILL never get to said level.

Obviously. But what lets one person stuff their face at end and never gain a lb, and others blow up to 400lbs? I wonder...

Genetics isn't an excuse. Its a reality. Some big fat piece of shit will never get down to competition level shredded. Even with gear.

I lol'ed

Get in the lunge stretch and put your hands on your hips. Lean back a little bit while keeping your hands on your hips. Now raise your right hand straight up over your head and lean to the left while still leaning back. At that point, start to rotate to the left. The amount of lean/rotation you need really depends on you. Its all in the lean.