1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior Member

I've been researching food scales... any recommendation on a good digital scale? Need to start counting calories and such. Also, started to eliminate a lot of sodium in my diet and already feel thinner and better.

Any you running brahs recommend how to get run times down? Sprints? Interval running? Losing weight? All the above?

2. deadly7

deadly7 Distinguished Member

Too vague. What are you running and why?

3. Pilot

Pilot Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

4. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

i'm just not built to get that shredded. not to mention all the excess skin I've got. it just ain't gonna happen. now if TK wants to classify that as something other than genetics, he's more than welcome.

5. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

OXO pullout. it makes weighing with a big plate much easier:

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Sta...qid=1364782437&sr=8-1&keywords=oxo+food+scale

6. VLSI

VLSI Distinguished Member

So I finally got my 270 lb. father to start tracking what he eats on myfitnesspal. According to his logs he's averaging ~1850 calories per day, although he basically just guesses on all his portion sizes and I have a feeling is under reporting. Trying to convince him to actually measure the portions. He says he isn't losing any weight. 1) If the log were accurate, that's not nearly enough for a man of his size and he should be losing weight? 2) That's clearly not accurate, right?

7. poorman

poorman Senior Member

Hi, I want to lose weight. haaalp. :thumbs-up:

8. Pilot

Pilot Distinguished Member

VLSI, older people are an odd thing. I honestly haven't done any real research into it, but I know metabolism slows as you age. My dad is 58, 5'9 235lbs. Just had a bit of a gut and you wouldn't think him fat if you looked at him. He's tried to lose weight before. Would have a banana and chocolate milk for breakfast, sonic hamburger an diet Dr pepper for lunch, protein and veggies for dinner and a scoop or two of ice cream at night. Certainly under 2000 cals a day, maybe even closer to 1500, and he never loses weight. Plays racquetball for 1.5hrs twice a week. So I think with older people increasing their work load/exercise is a better way to lose weight than simply cutting calories. (But they probably should be done in conjunction with each other)

Really don't want to get old.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is also a lot of sugar as well. Assuming that is what your father eats everyday.

10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

After 10 pm it's half-off. 2 seared salmon are 18 HKD normally, so it's about 10 HKD with service charge after half-off. That's 1.29 USD. The whole meal, with 3 people, and discount, was 675 HKD (86 USD). It was about 1100 HKD without discount. And we ordered too much.

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Distinguished Member

put down fork, close mouth.

yeah, so what. still not a lot of calories.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

It is that I associate sugar with increase in weight over time with constant consumption.

I was a fatty back during my teens due to all the Hostess snacks I would consume after school, juices, and microwave burritos. Granted I also ate a lot more calories I think. :eek:
    I would think the chocolate milk, soda, and dessert could be subbed out or go without, and perhaps add an additional day of activity in the week.

I am guessing you were trying to make the point that it does not matter and the bottom line is calories in which case I stand corrected.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

nm

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

I'm going to bite my tongue on this one...but I WILL say that there's people who have made absolutely incredible transformations from obese --> shredded once they figured out the motivation and dedication aspects of bodybuilding. It of course takes time...and many of the most epic transformations happened over the course of years, not months....but it IS possible.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140847501

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior Member

Can't believe this is coming from the guy who called me out saying my posts were too frustrating to read haha.