1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

Hmmm... My calves were 16" when when started lifting and 1 year later with calf raises on every leg day, they're still 16".
    Also, is it weird that I can do calf raises with 50 lbs more and 10 more reps per set than my bench press?

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

3. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Distinguished Member

Never hit calves ever and they're 14.5"... bigger than my Derringers flexed. feelsbadman

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

My calves were ridiculous when I olympic lifted. Always super tight though.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

fuji that sweat stain looks more like a skull

:eh:

6. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

i don't disagree, but you need to drop this whole genetics thing

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

I guess. "Genetics" are probably second only to "INTERNAL ROTATION" in topics that we beat to death around here.

8. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

heh +1

i agree with you in 99% of times in ripping someone who says "i will never amount to anything because genetics" or "you only look aesthetic cuz you genetic." i do think its fair to say something like "my arms are stupidly long therefore benching probably isnt my strong point, although it probably makes me a better deadlifter." pointing out how genetics have influenced ones training is ok; blaming genetics for not being able to understand hard work and consistency is not

in all fairness to you though, i feel like the former is much more common than the latter

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

What's wrong with taking Men's 1-a-day daily? I have heard it is bad for your liver or something. Similar discussion for the generic Costco brand vitamin pills.

Recently been just taking the fish pills and vitamin D. Looking for a good source for E and C.

But it seems the Men's 1-a-day covers all those necessary vitamins.

edit:
    just going to take the fish pill and continue drinking full glass of almond milk a day (has the zinc, D, E)

Going to buy some vitamin C tablets at Costco

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

up to 3x1 minute planks/side planks.

also added dragon flag negatives to my routine, working my way up to strict ones.

come at me core strength.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

Graphic how did you PT teach you how to side planks? Just curious, been doing them a lot while watching TV as a pre-hab

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

i mean he didn't teach me how specifically, just said "do planks." I do them in front of the mirror to try and stay perfectly straight on my elbow (not hand like the yoga pose).

what he did show me was this motion where you get into a plank position and then go back and forth lightly touching the floor with the alternate sides of your hips. I'm not sure what they're called actually but they kill my core (been doing reps of 20).

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Distinguished Member

Fuck it. Going to a primarily liquid diet. Ordering the unflavored whey & casein tonight. Only real foods are gonna be nice meals, kale and seafood (zinc, fish oils). Gonna take a multivitamin... looking for recommendations. Need to see a doctor for a general check up, and just to see what the levels are like. Been a while. Main advantages I'm seeing are full nutrient/calorie control and little to no time prepping (aside from blending/freezing/thawing fruits). Should be interesting.

14. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

You're going to be really hungry

Practice them one legged or bent legged. I found it helped more than negatives

15. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior Member

Yeah I'm going to agree with you rhet brahs, genetics really is not the key difference maker in lifting. Definitely would say it's more effort and for most a mental thing.