1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Towers

Towers Senior member

And ass for weeks?

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

Tightness; normally, if I didn't roll before squat/deadlift day, hitting depth would be harder and much more uncomfortable. Now its never an issue.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

You got dat bloodflow now

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Getting dominated by this rotation right now. Think I'm going to use it as a long-needed deload week and finally recover from some bumps and bruises.

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

It's a very small hedgefund so I'm not as fussed. Obviously if it was a big one I'd take it over IB, but I want to be trained. Haven't lifted in 3 days because i'm too busy writing "Why miscellaneous bulge bracket bank", "why IB/debt capital markets/risk/analysis" and "Give an example how you went above and beyond what was required" feels bad man.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

On treadmill again... see some guy in a bb.com t shirt. Wonder if a miscer. Doesn't look like he lifts so probably.

* can confirm, 315 1 rep 1/4 squat

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

The Cube is hard. Repitition bench, closed grip bench, paused bench, bent over rows, log press. I would say it's way too much of the similar movement, but I guess the bodybuilding day where you can do dumbell shit sorta makes it make sense..

8. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Fixed

9. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Jarude do some rolling your knees will thank you; I tried a 'squat erry day' program and it wasn't for me but roll especially after lifting. My knees only felt good while squatting....walking up stairs was annoying, absorbing force was annoying etc.; how do your knees feel btw? If all is good I would stick with it as my form was never better when I did the same!

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

It's possible. I, too, do not look like I lift. Don't worry though skeen, I haven't seen anyone in this gym that even looks as big as you, so doubt that.

I do treadmill on my rest days to facilitate cut... no tv and don't bring music, so I just people watch.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Why don't just walk outside and get some fresh air and sun? That's like a bajillion times better than going into a gym to walk on a treadmill.

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

incline + consistent pace and timer... plus I'm already there and it's after work so would get dark

13. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

The view at the gym can be pretty nice too ^_^

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Not where I work :(

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

16. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I saw this spanish girl with the tightest butt mirin me today, or at least i thought she was, every exercise she would do, she would make sure im exactly in her line of vision : |

would say something but beta.

for real, i always feel like a total creep talking to a chick at the gym, even if she would seemingly be open to it like the one today. has anyone ever approached a girl at the gym?

17. jarude

jarude Senior member

Knees are great. I'm getting random mystery sensations in my shoulders from 3x/week benching but nothing bad per se so far. I jacked up my right forearm though so I can't do any real gripping or pulling which is a pain in the ass.

18. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Fuck treadmills.

19. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I'd have to agree.

20. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Hmm.. This sounds good. I used to squat once every 9 days or whatever SPBR has you doing and that was def not enough frequency. It's not so much anout the recovery as it is about the mental aspect. Training a lift that infrequent is not very good for practicing technique and I found I got pretty nervous on that day, as it would suck to fail the progression. Less need for mobility work and active recovery methods would save me a ton of time too.

Now I back squat once and front squat on another day, but I could up the frequency more. It seems to me like Tigerprawn has made the fastest strength gains IIT, and he did full body squatting 3x for a long time, right?

I'm getting increasingly interested in very high frequency like the bulgarian methods but I don't think there's any point to it as a "novice". Gonna reach some decent numbers and gain weight before I give it a go.