Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

His job is to ride a motorcycle? :foo:

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

How to convince myself to take rest days? Been like 7 days since my last one..

3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Does it matter if I get a 12" or 36" roller? I think the 12" will work for what I need to do.

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I don't understand how you can push hard in the gym without rest days, especially while cutting.

I'm on a 3 split and today is the second day off after DLs, front squats and chin ups. My whole back, butt and legs are still sore. Gonna try to do a 4 split when I start bulking again to get bigger gains and more use of the calories.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

depends on how wide your back is. if you're a big guy, the 12" is gonna get annoying. quick. then again, the 36" is too big if you're going to transport. get The Grid. Nice in between size.

6. Khayembii Communique

Thanks for the rec, that one sounds perfect.

I've already started stretching and trying to correct my posture throughout the day and my glutes are already getting tired after a few hours haha. I'm hyped to hit 300 on my squat on Friday then start into a really aggressive prog to correct this shit ASAP.

Starting creatine today in advance of the new prog. Dissolving it in coffee which makes it completely unnoticeable. I don't know why I didn't think of this before ffs.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Fucking hell I hate people who ask me about lifting. Had some fat ginger bro talking to me for like 2 hours at a house party about his diet of brown rice and tuna and how hes training 5 days a week and wants to burn fat too so he's being a treadmill bitch. Then he started telling me how theres this really jacked guy in his gym who can rep 30kg dumbbells on flat bench and does sit ups holding a 15kg plate, was like not sure if serious can do that easily. He then proceeded to tell me that although his chest is weak and he can only bench 40kg he has strong legs and can squat 60kg. Thinks he will reach his goal physique by summer. I should have just given him bullshit advice like yeah brah hit some 30 rep sets of db flys you don't need to lift heavy, but I gave him proper advice and now he's going to be messaging me and asking me questions and shit. Also met a girl from oxford, tried to make fun of her for going to a polytechnic to russle her jimmies, but she conceded that LSE was a better school, I was really let down, she was aesthetic though and is going to come to London when im back. Also had some guy ask me about trying to get into investment banking, he has no degree or A levels and is doing a diploma at some poverty school, people are literally retarded I want to go back to London with no retards.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

You should be cutting volume on a cut. You just need to maintain, not grow

I am an engineer with projects at various govt buildings. I had a field visit today

Sent from handheld Minority Report console

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Sent from handheld Minority Report console

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

so i need to pick a squat stance and stick with it for awhile. front squats are out for now, which is a bad feel, but im excited to be back on box squats which ive never had a lot of experience with. i would go with low bar but i think squatting like so exacerbated some pelvic tilt and my tendency to lower-back things when i shouldn't. i've always sucked at high bar which is a good indicator of needing to work on it to improve. will probably low bar though, high bar squatting to a box might be unpleasant.

i finished my initial 3 month training block with dan at lucharilla.com and have signed up for more. i've been beyond impressed with the level of attention and detail he puts into everything; value and results-wise, its certainly the best money i've spent on training yet. i've made great strength gains in a solid calorie deficit, and his dieting methods are super stupid easy and effective - no more calorie counting and food logging. my conditioning levels are also higher than they've ever been and its made quite a positive impact on my lifting despite what this thread would make you think wrt anything involving an elevated heart rate. a lot of time is spent learning how to train oneself and program one's own lifting in terms of building blocks which is super valuable; think learning to fish as opposed to being given a fish. i'd highly recommend his services to anyone... he only keeps a few clients on at a time as opposed to relying on training for income and you can really tell the difference in how he approaches training. if anyone wants more info take it to PM and i'd be glad to share.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

If your doing low bar box squats do it the westside way and use a stance as wide as you can go in the rack. Don't really know how you would do high bar box squats since you need to sit back.

Bought new trousers

[​IMG]

aesthetic as fuck. Will wear in the summer.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Front squats + stiff-legged DL is the shit

14. Khayembii Communique

At the same time

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

something happened to my left trap today while snatching, fucking can't turn my head properly. dat dere RX muscle relaxant + NSAID tajm