Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Stick with Kalpa, Balkan, Big D, or Sciroxx.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Sciroxx is nice because you can call them up and ask you to verify your batch so you know its not counterfeit. From what i've read Balkans gone down hill now and isn't really a reputable brand. Haven't heard of the other 2. Would just kop scherring or norma, worth the additional moneys for pharma grade i'd say. Then again people counterfeit them too so you never really know.

3. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Much more chance of getting gyno and acne at higher doses, could do without either of those. What's the best bet for getting pharma grade if money is not an issue?

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Always lol when people say they have subpar genetics. Most of the time it's subpar training, diet, intensity, or all of them combined.

5. mrchariybrown

Yea, not the easiest to get your hands on from what I hear. Plus those brands I listed (except maybe Balkan) are reputable if you look at online reviews.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

charly you're not going natty anymore?

7. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

C'mon man, you started with 15" arms lol. It's different needing to add 2" from your genetic starting point to have big arms to needing to add 7-8". If i started with just 13" pipecleaners i would be up to 17" by now.

8. mrchariybrown

I'm still natural. I just know guys that aren't :)

Will go on test when I need to.

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

while lifting means many things to many different people... am i the only one who feels that the majority of people going on gear are missing the point?

i understand the competitive powerlifter who has reached his genetic limit. i don't understand the gymrat wanting to flex in the mirror and smash bishes.

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So here's my rant about people blaming their fitness problems on bad genetics....

It's fucking pathetic. There, I said it.

Bad genetics means you have cystic fibrosis, Type 2 diabetes, Muscular Dystrophy, Lupus, or something of that sort. It doesn't mean "hard gainer" or ectomorph or tall or short or whatever. Shit...there are guys with those horrible diseases I just mentioned who work hard in the gym and see results. The reason for that is because instead of focusing on things they can't help, they focus on the factors that are within their control -- diet, routine, form, intensity. When you say, "I have subpar genetics" you are actually saying "I give up on myself." You're saying that God/evolution/your parents have given you such a shitty body to start with that no matter WHAT you do, you'll never make anything any good out of it. And that's a horrible way to think.

Socrates once said, " It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." When you say you have subpar genetics, what you're really saying is that your body is entirely INCAPABLE of obtaining beauty or strength.

Of course there's people who are more naturally gifted than you...that's a given in any aspect of life. But instead of focusing on shortcomings that you can't help(such as your genetics), why not focus on factors that you can control? Is your diet in check? Are you on a routine that is congruent to what your fitness goals are? Do you go to the gym with the intensity required to have an effective workout? Instead of bashing and hating on your own body, why not focus on giving it the tools that will help it become what you want it to be?

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

If my goal was to smash bishes, that would be even more motivation to cycle. It's a lot easier to lift and get quick results and eat whatever the fuck you want and pin yourself than it is to lift and struggle through plateaus and watch your diet naturally.

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

if i was fuji or stinger's height i'd be doing cycles like woah.

luckily i don't need it 'cause manlet

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Do I get to say I have bad genetics because I have marfans? I don't think I do, im pretty happy with my genetics.

I don't see whats not to understand. It makes this hobby easier. I'm not one of those people who believe lifting is some spiritual journey about like proving yourself and becoming a man like everyone who gags on wendlers cock seems to think it is, it's just a fun hobby and I could probably make it more fun with a bit of extra test. Would cycle except it would russle parents jimmies and they're already really liberal about drug use, but I think that would be a bit much for them. Also wouldn't want to do it this time of year with exams and such.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  14. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

TK, I always find it interesting how everyone assumes labelling yourself with poor genetics is somehow 'giving up.' I call it being objective, and it doesn't interfere with my efforts and never has.

15. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

That's how I feel, though it'd be nice to make faster progress but I'm not about to go on gear for it. I'd feel a lot less accomplished hitting goals on gear.