Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. APK

APK Senior member

When I was a young, dumb 21-year-old, I totaled my car on the Ohio turnpike after hydroplaning in the far left lane, ping-ponging the car off the cement barrier, spinning me around several times Tommy Boy-style until I was facing the on ramp in the wrong direction on the other side of the highway. Somehow, no one hit me, and I was mostly fine physically. The car was smashed in the front on the driver's side, so a dickhead cop deemed it drivable and forced me to drive away (but not before making me hang up with a rep from my car insurance agency and then ticketing me) so I wouldn't congest the area. The car sounded like shit, but I got it to the next exit, where I again called my insurance agency, who got a wrecker out there.

Unfortunately, I was in a hayseed part of Ohio, so I knew I was pretty much fucked when I saw the auto shop the wrecker towed the car to. It was the day before the 4th of July, so I had to leave the car there with the key (the shop was closed) and call on the 5th. When I did, the hick owner totaled me the car was totaled. Wound up selling it to him for parts for an embarrassingly low amount. It was a pretty nice car (for a college kid), so in retrospect, I would have just had the car towed back to Michigan, since I'm sure I could have salvaged it for considerably more, even factoring in the cost to tow it back home. I was never a reckless driver, but needless to say, I've been a lot more cautious since that day.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Getting my late night rhet reading on and did not expect to read about ya'll sleep paralysis wtf

I have a hard time sleeping as it is and have all kinds of fucked up dreams. Last night, group of friends running around a big mansion as in the movie series SAW

Wtf

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Fuck, all my lifts stalled tonight. Feels bad man. On the plus side, have dropped like 1-2 lbs. in the past 3 weeks. Going to chalk it up to lack of sleep and shoot for a better Wednesday.

4. Flame

Flame Senior member

i get a ache in my left delt from sleeping on the side. is this real life / normal ?

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Perfectly normal, assuming its minor and goes away.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Or maybe you're weaker because you lost weight.

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

RHET brethren, I am having a jeans problem. I have a big ass (and not in the "I have a big ass but not really" kind of way that a lot of guys post about). I bought some APC New Standards, sized down a size to accommodate stretching out. Completely unwashed. Legs fit great but really tight on my ass. Also, they don't seem to come up far enough, as my ass crack is constantly sticking out when I sit down. This is exacerbated by the fact that my shirts are starting to get small on me due to swoleness.

Should I not have sized down? Are these just needing some more time to stretch out? It's been a few weeks so I'm starting to lose hope. Scared of sizing up next time because I don't want the legs to get wider.

Was thinking about checking out the Petite New Standards they just came out with, and maybe sizing up in those, but I don't want to look like an idiot if those taper too much.

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

petite standards are an even lower rise than new standards.

What you want is a high back rise.

9. Khayembii Communique

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

After about two weeks my New Standards stopped stretching. Try doing lunges in them?

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Levi repros are your friend. If you have developed legs they don't look big at all, they look slim. Right now I can't touch anything without a 12.5" rise, 15" back rise, 13" thigh, 9" leg opening.

12. Khayembii Communique

Wow I'd have to size up two sizes just to get a half inch more rise. I'll have to measure my other pants to see if this is an issue of not having enough rise or the waist being too tight. Strongly thinking it's the former. I don't think I'd have a problem wearing these with longer shirts that cover it up.

13. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

9" leg opeing is too big for anyone not liking that particular woodsman aesthetic.

If you want blue jeans, LVC 1954Z is hard to beat for guys with developed legs. Went TTS on my raws in 33. 17 waist, 16 back rise, 12 thigh, 7 hem.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

at this point i don't even try to find clothes that fit OTR I just sort by un-alterable characteristics and then go to my tailor.

Luckily I live in an area with a lot of tailors so tapering and hemming are $7 each.