Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

3x/wk, I'm in the gym about 45 mins to an hour depending on the day, sometimes a little more if I chill in the sauna or do other stuff.

2. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

[​IMG]

2.5 hours no wonder you cant recover for 4 days. Wtf can you do in the gym for that long.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Dunno.. It's probably 2 hours actually, extra 1/2 hour if I jibber jabber a lot. I take like 20-30 mins to warm up, I take my time and don't touch a weight until everything feels right and is moving right. I structure my workouts like - main lift, 3-4 accesories, then usually 2 stuff of whatever I decided I need to work on (right now it's abs / grip work).

Also I'm noticing the heavier my maxes are getting the more time I'm spending in the gym. I use to be in and out within the hour. Although last summer all my workouts were 3 hours because I lifted with 5 friends..

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

4. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Figured, still at least 300g/day, I gotta step up my shake and chicken intake. Any other prime sources people like to use?

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

beef and eggs, chicken is so bland. Also, you have 200lb LBM??

6. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Just for protein, or for RFL?

Greek yogurt and eggs are my primary sources of protein right now. I also drink a lot of milk and am gonna try to eat more meat (heh).

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

STRONG assumptions....you are completely off base. I do those things and have an active social life, and as GN pointed out, a beautiful girlfriend with a 10/10 personality.

8. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

somewhere in there, im 245 at about 20-22% bf, need to slim up

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

:lol:

10. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

its not that hard to get big in terms of hours to put in. what makes it hard is not wasting calories (its ok to get fat on lean good foods since you are less likely to be wasting and coming up short on cals)

The raeson the average construction worker isnt super cut and big isnt cuz he doesnt have time to get swole its cuz after a long day he wants to eat shitty food and drink mad brews.

If everyone just stuck to a paradigm even a mediocre one, and ate well, theyd have impressive physiques. Some obv better than others but miles a head of what is going on right now

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I have found my ideal frequency to be 3 days upper body, 1 day lower body for bulking. I think when I cut I will go down to 2 days upper body, and 1 day lower body every other week.

I have a 100g shake and ~2-2.5lb of meat (1.2-1.5lb lean) on lift days, ~50-75g casein shake and ~1lb of meat on rest days. I think that works out to about 1.25-1.5g/lb for me (I am 190lb). Lean meat is good for ~80g of protein per lb, IIRC.

12. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

truth, too many excuses: classes+new job+home renos keeping me out of the gym but for 2-3 days/week. but my diet is shit.

[​IMG]

new screensaver

13. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

*shrug* Going off what I've heard from other M3s and PGYs. Although, a lot of them also have families.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Some people are just better at handling the workload than others. The PGYs and M3s who say they "have no lives" are the same assholes who said it when studying for Step 1, the same assholes who said it as M1s and M2s, the same assholes who said it while studying for the MCAT, the same assholes who said it as a college sophomore taking Organic Chemistry, and the same assholes who said it as high school seniors taking AP courses. There are plenty of people in my situation who have the ability to balance their workload, their personal lives, and still find time to exercise.

15. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

What do you mean with this?

I eat 230-250g of protein every day at 180 with around 12% I think. 160 lbm so pretty much 1.5 dead on. I cut atm and like to count calories and macros very precisely for everything while doing so, so it's probably more like 200-220g from pure protein sources. The vast majority is lean meat, with some fattier cuts, low fat diary, eggs and a casein treat every now and then.

Re: swimming discussion - I grew up in a very small fishing town but I'm still not a very good swimmer. I can float no problem and feel comfortable in water, but I probably can't swim more than 500 meters. Can't dive, which is hugely embarrassing around here and I'm a lot better at backstroke than breaststroke.