Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Exactly. If not for the diff in height they could be the same dude. Mass w/o fat is the goal.

Whats up w/the essay? Can we at least get cliff notes???

Elbow tendonitis just flared up. No more lifting + swimming on the same day.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

MarkI I told you this already: just keep lifting heavy and keeping your calories at a defecit to cut bodyfat until you're leaned out. The difference between those two dudes isn't their training protocol it's their diets.

You're probably going to have enough n00b gains to look alright shirtless if you just keep cutting down until you're lean. Then it's a matter of putting on mass without putting on too much fat gain (we're talking like 15% bf max), and then getting rid of the fat you do gain.

Just keep doing the program you're doing you'll be fine.

3. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Diet is the biggest difference hands down.

I feel like no one (including me) wants to fully acknowledge that because eating 500 cals of PB a day is deliciously satisfying :D

The sorta out is you could eat like swole bro and get lean if you did SHIT tons of cardio. Like 45 minutes heavy jump rope (I was at my leanest when I was jroping hard core but still eating big)

4. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

This is me currently, approx 185lbs at 5'10. What would you guys estimate my body fat to be?[​IMG][​IMG]

Word, I did not doubt your opinion, just want to make sure i'm doing the right shit. Thanks again for the words.

Also, I know you're in NYC as well, what gym do you go to?

5. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Hmm. I have been using the ez bar for upright rows. I'll try again with a straight bar. What about a horizontal rowing machine? Are those any good? Never really cared about upper back stuff aside from pull-ups until recently..

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

High enough to cut. If you are a beginner lifting wise you can certainly make sweet noob gains on a calorie deficit.

As far as the swimming shit goes, sorry dudes. Will write tomorrow or Tuesday. Might need a uniqlo proxy - what size would a dude 175lbs with a 42-43" chest take? I'm a m in most tees and l in button downs on account of shoulder width. What colours are out there?

Also happy St paddys, hope all of you are having big liquor fuelled cheat days.

7. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

close to 20% i would think

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/mens-clothing/mens-tops/mens-t-shirts don't get the dry packaged
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/24752/the-uniqlo-thread for sizing, or ask coldsnap, like 80% of his wardrobe is uniqlo I think

9. GraphicNovelty

rude you're probably a large. I'm 155 with a 40" chest and mediums are fairly tight on me (though not totally brolic)

I like NYSC because I get a work discount and they're everywhere and you work out in between running errands. It's a little pricey non-discounted though.

There are a lot of other cheaper gyms/more lifting oriented gyms scattered throughout the city. Where in nyc are you? I

10. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I'm in Queens, but spend most of my time at my girls place in TriBeCa. I go to NYSC too, I picked up a deal a couple years ago where it was like $200 up front, and $20 a month for life. I don't think i'd go there if I was to pay full price.

Reason I ask, and this may seem weird, but I was actually hoping you'd say NYSC, wondering if perhaps I can tag a long on a workout with you, I wan't to make sure my form is proper on all my lifts, which I don't think it is.

I'll buy you lunch or something haha.

11. GraphicNovelty

not weird at all; happy to help! I'll PM you and we can work out the details.

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I really like seated cable rows using a V-bar...I've gotten some good back thickness results from it and it helps with rear delts, too.

^yep...somewhere in that ~20% range fo sho

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

I wish I didn't live in buttfuck nowhere Canada sometimes. :(

Anyone going hard today??

14. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

bros helpin bros get swole :teach:

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

We are a brotherhood

Not gay