Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

whutever at least i can squat

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013

2. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Saw this dude doing a sick circuit today: biceps with biceps and biceps then biceps. After flexing in the mirror for a bit, he really went crazy with some DB shrugs at 20kg in each hand.

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Ate a ton of pizza this morning, thought I waited long enough before lifting but totally didn't. Had to rest extra long between sets on box squat, spent the time watching like every single person in the gym have absolutely shit form. Was pretty funny. Didn't puke either so it was a good day.

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

They are MUCH more comfortable using a straight bar on a cable machine.

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

Disregard upright rows in favour of lateral raises or use a cable machine like Tk said.

Went to the mall and i remember why i dont like clothes shopping. I don't mind buttondowns not fitting perfectly since I just layer them but wtf is up with not being able to find decent Pima crewneck tees? Also sick of slim fit bro-mode stuff; just want a tee that fits my shoulders without hugging my hips and chinos that don't make my junk imprint while the hem swallows my shoes. I've lost enough weight so that my jawns are getting saggy too; feeling pretty unaesthetic with clothes on these days.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Uprights are a functional trap exercise but people who have problems in their lats and/or delts often have problems with them. You're better off with face pulls and side/bent-over raises. Even shrugs, if done properly.

where do you come up with this shit?

8. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Deep squatted 300 today. Came up pretty easy.

Zerchers are going well. Doing fairly explosive doubles so my hams/quads can drive my deads/squats. I really think they are what is driving my current gainz

9. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Better ask jarude as well since he agreed with me huh? Problems in their lats? lol the reason they cause pain and can be dangerous is rotator cuff impingement. How the hell do face pulls replace upright rows? I think you're the one that needs to question your sources.

10. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

RAmbos been kinda premenstrual the last day or so, whats good homie

Upright rows are a lateral delt + trap exercise. If you cant figure out which piece of the shoulder an exercise does, just do the motion and look at the section of shoulder perpendicular to the load. For free weights this is the piece of shoulder facing the ceiling, for cables this is the piece of shoulder in line with the cable. Its not hard.

I dont even do front or rear delt work anymore. Front delts get blasted with any kind of press, rear delts get hit with rows. Striations don't lie

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Upright rows only work your traps if you do them incorrectly and turn them into a clean.

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

this, shitty tees abound

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013

13. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Max-OT is probably the first routine i have tried that is genuinely good. Making strength gains on everything (cept deads) the low volume means you can give it everything on the one or two sets of each movement. Can't wait to use this while bulking. Would be way better than SL or SS for a total noob as well.

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Any time your elbows go from your waist to closer to your ears you activate your traps. Thats their job

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Err sorry...worded that incorrectly. I meant that if you're doing upright rows and they're only working your traps and not your side delts, you're doing them incorrectly and doing a clean.