Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Why would I spent $150k to learn about something that has absolutely no application to what I want to do or really anything at all. Whilst I may not directly use what I learn from my statistics degree in my future jobs getting a 1st in my course will prove to employers that I'm smart and logical as fuck. i'm not going to spend that much money so I can learn about some french poem, whatever prose is or some painting some guy made in the 1500s, that's not going to get me an internship in IB or even accounting at a big 4 firm, it'll get me into debt and give me something to talk to girls who went to liberal arts colleges about. I understand if you're rich enough to not care about $23k a year in fees then go study whatever you want for personal enjoyment, i'd be at CSM making sickening sculptures if what I studied didn't matter, but why "should" someone study art history, language or literature? I can wikipedia that shit, I know a girl at Warick doing art history what employer is going to give a fuck if she knows what style some painting is.

2. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

You look possessed when you smile while flexing, lol.

3. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I dont want to open this can of worms here, but I have to comment. I think it's important for people to be broad. I just don't know if that breadth is worth $1000 a college credit. You don't need to go to college to learn art history/language/literature- and if you have a degree/career in a field that will actually pay you, you can pursue those interests w/o the stress of having to take loans out and find a way to turn those interests into a career. Breadth is important but the idea of pursuing it through overpriced liberal arts colleges is asinine.

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Both of you are explaining the reality of the situation as a counterpoint to concealed's statement, but reality in this case is the meltdown that is modern collegiate education. You are defending your choices, which are dictated by the situation. Concealed is suggesting the modern situation is a shitty one. And it is.

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

swimming essay in progress. are all you guys non-swimmers? what's the level of ability around here?

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

What do you consider a non-swimmer? I mean, I can swim... but not for long and not that well.

For instance, if you dropped me in the deep end of the pool, I could swim to the shallow end of the pool without a problem underwater. Not so great with my head poking up and down out of water, but I'd make it - out of breath. Now if you told me to float or wade in the deep end for more than 30 seconds, 90's Pamela Anderson better be standing next to the pool with a lifesaver on hand.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

i can barely float. I won't drown, but I won't last in water for long either.

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Explain #4. Why is cardio detrimental?

10. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

you guys gotta work on treading water, chill out with a hand on the ladder and just get the speed of your scissor kicks right. not too slow but not fast and panicky, just learn to get comfortable.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

When i lived in Florida I use to do AM workouts with the life gaurds. They taught me how to do a breast stroke, pick an apple place it in your other hand then reach back out to the branch..

12. jarude

jarude Senior member

cool, i'll write it for beginners then with some tips for stroke improvement and whatnot

its so fun teaching people eggbeater. lol

pick an apple, put it in the basket. that's sidestroke

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013

13. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

holy shit how can you people not even float in water?

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

+1.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

rhet: full of totally normal people