1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

First day back in the gym since my trip a month ago. Felt so refreshed with all my injuries gone. Also feel sore as fuck this morning which is a nice feeling. My new program is pretty much gonna be "eat big, lift big".

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

so i'm sick of being shitty at running so i downloaded bridge to 10k app because i've done 5k before.

Turns out I can't rely on the optimal conditions that led me to the 5k's i've done and was only able to do like 20 minutes on the treadmill @ 5.5 mph w/ 3% incline before tapping out because my calves were fucking killing me. I downloaded the couch to 5k app and i'm gonna start at week 6.

Also, in order to make this "stick" i'm gonna start going to the gym first thing in the morning, which probably means no more IF.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

That sentence is poorly written. If you follow the link for "secondary" it is clearer. Oats are not a wheat product.

4. Keroberos

Keroberos Senior member

Oats do not themselves contain gluten, but almost all commercially available oats are cross contaminated with gluten.

5. milosh

milosh Senior member

What is so bad about gluten?

6. ibringdoom98

ibringdoom98 Senior member

some people have a wheat allergy caused by it and it's especially horrible for people with celiac disease.

1 person likes this.
  7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea my ass and waist deffo shrunk as my squat and deadlift went up and bodyweight maintained. Bought a pair of Outlier Kierin Cuts 34, Slim Dungarees 35, and Nyco Slims 35. The "slim" stuff actually fits me better.

8. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

^ Let me know how the slim dungarees work out. I've always avoided them due to the thigh measurement. I've pretty much sold all my pants except a pair of denim and sweats. Bought a Veilance Voronoi and hopefully that works out.

Someone buy some drop crotch stuff, hate it, and then sell it to me on the cheap :).

9. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

IDK if I mentioned this but myself and some others are in talks to open up a non-profit gym in the lowest income neighborhood in my city. I'm extremely excited about this project, gonna be right next to or very close to a huge farmer's market too. :slayer:

3 people like this.
  10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Would not visit lowest income neighborhoods in my city.

How are you planning to fund it? Grant money?

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I think the slim dungarees have the same problem as the Keirin cuts when I tried them months ago. I just don't like the fabric. It feels way too lightweight and lays weird on the body, feels like a T shirt.. You've owned them in the past so maybe you can comment. But it feels like I'm wearing a dumpy pair of light girls jeans. Pleasant surprised was the Nyco Slims, I'll wear the shit out of these. The fabric is awesome very tough feeling and the fit is slim but the gusset is fuckin boss for sitting. They got pocket flair, but so does everything. I'll take two of those Nyco Slims at $98 a piece over one slim dungarees.
    Shitty pics-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I liked the Keirin Cuts, but only because they fit me like slim dungarees fit slim dudes. You're right about it laying weird on the body if it's loose at all. Now that I've out grown my pair I'm hesitant to buy another in a larger size because they dont taper much and that's when the fabric starts to lay weird since it doesn't have much body.

I tried NYCO slims in a few sizes and the top block was just too tight in the ass and hips, didn't work for me, but I agree great pants if you can fit into them. The gusset actually looks nice as well as being functional. I think I might be done with Outlier unless they create a more articulated pant in a fabric that has some body/hold. Ironically the slimmest pants that they have, the Climbers, were my favorite for the single fact that I had full range of motion wit that 4 way stretch, but again weird fabric, doesn't lay well, and they're like wearing tights or skinny jeans.

I dished out the money for the Voronois and hopefully they deliver. If not I'll just revert to sweatpants.

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Gothca. I must be shrinking then because I can fit into a size 35 slim dungarees. Surprised to hear the NYCO slims were too small because they fit me! I wonder where this weight is going because I'm still 5'7 190lbs. You do have some beefy quads from what I can remember, I'm mostly all ass and hamstrings.

Answer to this is I need to eat to 210lbs. I don't want to be fitting into stuff other people can't fit into, haha :slayer:

14. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Well granted I only tried to size up to a 33 or so and this is when I was ~175-180.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Ah ok. A 35 at 190lbs might explain it.

For real tho since I've started tapering for my meet about a month ago and dropping the volume on accessory and doing heavy sets I've notice I feel more deflated...

16. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

We haven't really decided yet we're thinking a member fee based on a sliding scale vs. income but we also found some possible grants. It's such a prominent issue right now, especially with the first lady's health initiatives and whatnot. There also isn't really a general fitness type org that serves the city, which is what I want to expand it to be, so I think we'll be able to find financial support.

I'm also on the board of directors of a United Way type of fundraising organization and have a ton of connections through there, and could also use that org to raise funds.

About to get all you can eat sushi. I'm so excited I can't even be productive right now.

17. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

That's awesome, let us know how it goes. There is one of those here and it's apparently really successful.

18. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

this is an excellent idea, best of luck.

19. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

ITT one of the staple foods of fitness and bodybuilding is villainized.

20. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Got some programming questions:

Has anyone here tried running IA SPBR 4x a week, like mon-tues and thur-fri on?

My current routine is laid out like: bench (upper), dead (legs, back), bench lockout (upper), squat (legs).
    Doing IA spbr 4x would get me hitting back 2x a week as well, since rows are added on squat days.

Also, would you rather do a fewer number of lifts with more sets on compound movements or add in more assistance lifts with lower volume in compounds? Total sets and workload is the same.