1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. milosh

milosh Senior member

Just squatted 110kg(242 lbs). I know it's not much by RHET standards but I feel pretty awesome.

3 people like this.
  2. steveabdn

steveabdn Senior member

I broke my wrist many years ago and it causes all sorts of problems for me

Love OHP though, current record of 4 reps @ 130kg, want to get that up to 150kg

1 person likes this.
  3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Bro every personal achievement is worthwhile. Good job amigo!

2 people like this.
  4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

4 reps at 130kg is fuckin beastly

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Lol Travis added 50 lbs to my squat and deadlift in 1 hour and completely re worked my bench. What a pro

1 person likes this.
  6. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member

Glad it turned out well. Now that's money well spent!

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

About a dollar per lb. :slayer: I'm going to try and get there 1x a month, it's a 4 hour travel time but damn it's worth it. He seems to teach the same technique that you have adapted for you squat and bench. Although you have hips of a god and I can't stay that vertical.

Chris Mason was there too.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  8. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Any tips to share?

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Baby powder is god teir for deadlifts and I feel like an idiot for not using it a long time ago.

10. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

For your grip? Or you referring to shins and/or quads?

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Shins, quads. I have a line of no hair where the deadlift bar drags

A lot of the other stuff I was told applies to my leveradges and stuff. I was taught out of a textbook and the internets

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

What gym is this????

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Travis Mash's place in some place past Winston Salem.

14. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

My inner thighs are all bruised and baby smooth due to sumo deads

15. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Did you mean push press? Because 130x4 is elite for a strict standing press.

Would love to see a video of this

16. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

My good friend and fellow lifter was recently hit with a Ankylosing spondylitis diagnosis at age 21. She was on her way to being a pretty awesome lifter too.

:(

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  17. steveabdn

steveabdn Senior member

Quote:Not push press or standing, seated military press, I work out myself first thing in the morning (4:30am) but I might see my brother if he will take a video at some point, I assumed OHP was military. Not quite sure how it became a goal of mine, I moved up through the gym dumbbells until I was repping out the 40kg dumbbells and had no choice but move into the smith machine instead. I haven't been in the gym for a couple of months through injury so I'm probably down around the 110kg press right now but will bump back up to the 130 quick enough and keep pushing until I hit that 150kg mark, I will definitely get a video when I can manage that! I'm actually here more for the menswear side of things to be honest with you but was having a look around the rest of the site and decided just to chime in

18. steveabdn

steveabdn Senior member

Quote:Not good, my dad has spondylitis and when it's bad it's really bad, recently he's been going through a good spell for several years, unfortunately this also coincides with him developing ulcerative colitis, he's in the gym every day though, he's a bit of a hero of mine in that respect, you would never know he had any sort of illness let alone some as severe as these. I hope your friend manages to keep going

19. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

I could probably do half that.

I'd say you might be the strongest guy here, super impressive numbers. Please stick around and drop some wisdom on us.

20. steveabdn

steveabdn Senior member

Quote:Numbers are just that, numbers, heavy is relative, as long as you're pushing as hard as I am then the number counts for nothing other than charting progress I don't think I do anything too different to anyone else to be honest, just naturally strong. Stick with the 6 rep max limit and once I get that I up the weights, I do have a tendencey to move in 10kg increments for some reason. Some other numbers - Deadlift - 185kg Bench - 160kg Squat - 200kg (All @ 3 reps) Shoulder press - 130kg @ 4 reps Dips, body weight + 20kg (145kg) @ 6 reps Pull ups, can't do one! I have trained really hard at this but it's my achilles heel, I have tried various ways whether it be assisted for 6 reps or single reps after other exercises - if anyone has any tips on how to improve back strength I'd love to hear how, my lower back isn't too bad but upper back has always been weak. I might have some decent numbers here but head into Classic Menswear and I'm jealous of everyone with their 42R physiques! 48R for me, struggle to get anything nice OTR at all. I'm currently far too heavy and dropping weight but when I get my waist back down to 34" I need a 46" jacket, a 12" drop is pretty hard to come by!!