1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

yes, hence the 90% comment. makes sense

either way, i don't deny that there's strong groupthink slanted towards strength training on here but i think its justified

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Well, it isn't psoas. It doesn't quite seem to be the IT band either. Maybe inguinal ligament- I can't reach it with my fingers, it seems to be too deep.

3. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

fair enough I suppose

might be your actual hip. why don't you PM Axelman. he might be able to relay some of the pain he had when he fucked up his hip capsule.

4. stinger70

stinger70 Senior Member

Everyone seems to have taken up deadlifting at my weekend gym. 3 other people were doing it today, normally im the only one. A brah thats way bigger than me was struggling with 80kg for sets of 6, and a personal trainer was overseeing someone also using about 80kg but with a really rounded back, didnt offer any pointers or correct his form. Everyone has their legs too far apart but still pulling conventional, looks awkward. Added a little weight to all lifts except deads which i didnt attempt to.

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I'm going to see a GP to get a referral and then see a PT hopefully this month. It's just impossible to figure out, there's just so many hip pathologies and it makes me paranoid reading them, wondering if I need surgery to remove a bursa or all kinds of shit.

Just to make sure it isn't my technique, here's a video from today for a form check. My right hip never really hurts during the squat (well, except for when something in my hip snapped the first 2 times), but immediately after it's extremely tight and irritable. I was wearing oly shoes for front squats so I took them off as not to give false ideas about my flexibility.

This is my #1 fear: a gym full of clueless bros deadlifting

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

My gym is a gym full of clueless bros OLY lifting.

Scary as fuck. They do it in the most crowded areas, too...where you HAVE to walk within a couple feet of them to get from place to place.

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

Yeah, my gym also has loads of guys DLing wrong. Most of them have a too wide stance and are extremely slow on the negative, sort of how you want to do a RDL, except they don't lean back at all and get no tension in the hamstrings.

Most of my friends work out more than me (I do 3 split, they do stupid 5 day BB splits without any compounds) and they make zero progress or diet adjustments. One of them recently moaned over gaining 5 pounds of fat in a month and next thing he does is go all out on the weed munchies (talking a full box off ice cream, one bag of chips, two big coke bottles and some chocolate).

There are two or three really strong dudes at my gym though. 400-500 pound squats and DLs for reps with good form.

8. jarude

Weed munchies isn't exactly eating by choice I would say

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

weed suppresses my appitite FWIW..

Toked up a bit, ran to the gym (1.5 miles) in the gorgeous sun, worked out, trained this chick i'm seeing, had an awesome PWO meal.

Now i'm gonna take a nap

Life's good RHET bros.

10. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Distinguished Member

With my hip, I felt a deep pinching whenever my hip was compacted ie at the bottom of my squat, even sitting on the toilet etc. Nagging pain, didnt respond to PT. If you can rehab it through PT, it is probably not a labrum tear.

11. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

Naw I know, but it still shows a huge lack of self control when you cram down 2000 calories of bad fat and sugar, cravings or not.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013

12. jarude

agreed, especially when it comes on top of "wah wah i gained 5lbs of fat"

13. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

I just realized what rhet was

14. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

Lets make rhet tshirts for the gym. Futura font. Aaa shirts

15. jarude