Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Fuck that sounds like one helluva stomach ache Rambo.

Any critique on my form here at the bottom of a squat?
    [​IMG]

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Starting reverse diet today, will keep it up for 2 weeks to get past my plateau. Also hope it helps my recovery.

Today going for 250 x 3 on bench, but not feeling it atm.

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i'm terrible at dieting

i stress eat carbs and it really does not help when my roommates have carbs lying around

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

cannot locate teh problem

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

6. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

i too suffer from low self control. I had extra bacon and cheese on a croissant yesterday even though im cutting, i am talking 3/4 inch thick layer of bacon.

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

So PT figured out what was wrong with the way I do squats: too much hyperextension through the hip in an attempt to get posterior chain activation. Gonna work on focusing on the quads when I machine squat (which I go the ok to do. Feels basic man).

Also, the PT told me to do some TRX stuff. That shit's harder than i thought.

8. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Tomorrow I will take vids of my squats so hopefully someone here can figure out why I might have psoas pain

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Weighed in at 189.6 this morning....first time sub-190 since last August. Strength losses have been acceptable to this point, too. Went from benching 225x11 at 211 to 225x9 at 190. Can't say I'm too upset with that. Also went from doing 6 consecutive pull-ups to 14 :)

10. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I think my biceps went up from 13" to 13.5" flexed since Christmas. Come at me bros

11. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Anybody here use calipers to measure bodyfat? Should I get the regular manual ones or worth getting an electronic with display? Are they accurate at all?

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Best way is to post pics of yourself and have people tell you. Alternatively you can just look at pics and gauge where you are.

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

they're only accurate if you use it to track your progress rather than estimating your body fat percentage. i think they have an error of something like +-5%

14. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

faaaakk, my pull ups are coming very slowly. I go from very bottom to top for each rep. Shit is hard brahs. As GN was saying, TRX isn't a joke. Was doing some TRX pushups and could barely do what I would normally do on a single occasion. I have been making some strong gains with chest. Been doing on the reg, 100lb dumbbell flat bench, 85-90lb dumbbell incline press, straight arm chest flies with 30 lbs dumbells (both incline and flat). I do about 4-5 sets of each with about 6-12 reps (depending on the weight and set). Really, I don't follow a routine, I just lift and doing main body groups. However, I have been doing some different things like free weight pistol squats (hard as fak and death like) and body weight shit.

On a side not, fat chicks, don't wear yoga pants and got get a coffee. Don't want to see that shit early in the morning.

15. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

faaaakk, my pull ups are coming very slowly. I go from very bottom to top for each rep. Shit is hard brahs. As GN was saying, TRX isn't a joke. Was doing some TRX pushups and could barely do what I would normally do on a single occasion. I have been making some strong gains with chest. Been doing on the reg, 100lb dumbbell flat bench, 85-90lb dumbbell incline press, straight arm chest flies with 30 lbs dumbells (both incline and flat). I do about 4-5 sets of each with about 6-12 reps (depending on the weight and set). Really, I don't follow a routine, I just lift and doing main body groups. However, I have been doing some different things like free weight pistol squats (hard as fak and death like) and body weight shit.

On a side not, fat chicks, don't wear yoga pants and got get a coffee. Don't want to see that shit early in the morning.