• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Gonna be an exciting weekend for RHEtT! Charly on Saturday, me on Sunday. Hope we both take gold

Well I'm fairly confident I'll take 1st. Not that hard especially if it's a smaller meet and there's like one or two other people in my weight class. Chances are, I'll be the strongest 198'er there. Would be nice to get "best lifter" though.

Chariy where do you find these stats? I'd be interested in looking up my weight class.

Powerliftingwatch.com

They're an aggregator of all the feds and keeps up on all the meets and results.. which is why they charge like $24/year for a subscription to the rankings.

What weight class are you? I would be comfortable giving you the TOTAL (not single lifts) #1, #25, and #50 of the top 50 of your weight class. Anymore info, and I'd feel like a scumbag.

Or just sign up, it's only $2/month.

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bodybuilding, not fitness

Ah, was a joke on you saying you have to smile when you pose. My mate who competes always complains about how ***** fitness model posing is because they have to have white teeth and smile. He always does his posing to metal.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Charly!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried low bar squat today, cant belive how much easier it was than high bar. :slayer: noob

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried low bar squat today, cant belive how much easier it was than high bar.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
noob
You think so?
I can't do either of them the "perfect way" (too poor ankle flex for proper high bar and ****** low back and hamstring flex for low bar) and sort of just squat how my body wants to. How far do you let the knees travel forward on the low bar squat? I seriously can't keep the knees behind the toes to get that posterior chain activation without rounding my lower back (buttwink).

Last edited:

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Switching over to a cut soon...any of you guys doing CarbNite? From my basic understanding of it, it's extremely low carb (<30) with a cheat every 7-10 days.

That sub-50 carb count is kind of scary. Is it possible to even continue lifting for that extended period of time?

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for CarbNite, but the typical Leangains Intermittent Fasting recomp protocol only lets you eat some veggies and fruit on rest days, which usually ends up around 50-70g. I have no problem with the meals and haven't felt lethargic or anything that is commonly associated with low carb diets. However, I've noticed I lack the stamina to push really hard on the compound lifts for several sets. Switched to reverse pyramid training and it works fine.

I was kind of scared about the low carb / no starch days too. Turned out to be no problem. If anything, it only forces you to be more creative with your cooking and not eat the same meals every day. I'm biased though, cause I love sallads.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hit 375lb for a squat Pr today! I assume most of it was over my excitement from the new leather.

Pulled 405 and it felt like 225 so i said ******* and put on 455. Got it like 4 inches off the ground and stalled. that feel :(

Also, saw a real life troll doll at the gym today

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did some regular back squats today
275x2 ATG at 168-9lbs. The zerchers have really added to my leg drive.

Anyone have tips for NOT getting bigger while adding strength?
Smolov.

Also, saw a real life troll doll at the gym today

Hnnnnnng.

Also love it when euro exchange girls come up to me for squat advice.....too bad my gf is like 10m away.

Last edited:

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been making zero progress on bb rows so I backed off my weight 20 lbs to focus on form. Definitely worth it, still pushed myself and had good form so hopefully I'll be making gains on that **** soon.

Also, my shoulder was hurting earlier today. Apparently BW+100 chest dips are good therapy because it doesn't hurt at all anymore. :slayer:

Hyped for leg day on Wednesday

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads