1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

mate, I'm not making a personal attack.
    Look at Charly and TK. They both look sexy even at the peak of their bulk because they start them at 10% or less body fat.
    you're 5'7 and 195lbs. You're either extremely muscular or rather fat. Since you can't do pullups I'd wager that you're fat. There's really no reason be that big at your height unless it's the peak of your bulk.

In terms of weight, yes, you're bigger than me. I lift way more than you though so I'd say that you have less muscle mass than me.
    Do what you like though.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Hey man not cool don't judge someone by their weight, CS admitted to being a fatty so talk shit to him about that not about being 5'7 195, that's not even that big.

3. Khayembii Communique

lol especially for someone that is so massively obsessed with form and balanced shoulder posture n shit

You haven't 1rm'd 400 yet or you aren't at 400 for reps? What are you squatting now then?

4. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I'm not talking shit, He's basically said that he's 24% bodyfat and he wants to maintain that weight. I'm simply pointing out that that is a very strange plan.

1 person likes this.
  5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I don't compare myself to other people. TK lifts for aesthetics and has been for some time, it's pretty unrealistic for someone who's been lifting for under a year and doing a completely different type of programming to look like that. Charly on the other hand, I don't see him day in and day out. But the guys I lift with who are in his weight class stay probably around 16-18% bodyfat, while some of the ones who have been doing it for 7 or so years are probably 13-15%.

I really don't think I will ever weigh less than 190lbs again, unless I quit lifting. The leveradges are too good here and I think I look way better than the average guy at the gym going for asthetics at 5'7 160lbs, some people here like GN are above average and look better than me. I was more asking if I should go up to 210 or so.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I need to find my calipers. Only thing that makes me DYEL is my chest, which I guess is unfortunately the first thing most people look at. But that's not anything I care about.

I've mentioned this before but after my meet I'm literally going to program my accessory work by looking in the mirror and asking myself what looks under developed. When I started powerlifting I was like who cares about being rounded asthetically because that doesn't matter Acquire giant hamstrings with small quads and giant triceps with small biceps. But especially after this meet I've realized that you are only as strong as your weakest link and being well rounded will save you from injury. Already started doing this by adding in highbar squats, front squats, and incline / flat bench; and trying to work in bodybuilding cadence type lifting with all this. I'm only going on about this because I think it's an important lesson in powerlifting which some coaches are starting to recommend to people coming from a Rippetoe / 70s big background.

Don't you olympic lift? There's probably a good chance I posted a higher olympic total at meets @ 145lbs BW

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I always found the easiest time to pack on muscle was right after coming off a cut. Your whole body just seems super anabolic then.

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

fucking PMS time again ITT

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, I'll stop. To be fair Hendrix has had a PMS go at everyone in this thread and seems nearly impossible to argue with.

I think think I've posted the highest olympic total in this thread, why no ooooooneee cares :embar:

10. Khayembii Communique

Because yer fat

Let's keep this hate going

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Any one have thoughts on shorter bulk/cut cycles, like what's the shortest for them to still be effective? Layne Norton has his 6 week bulk/2 week cut cycle. It seems like it could be effective, put on a bit of muscle and fat for 6 weeks, do a hard cut for two weeks to shed the gained fat before your metabolism has a chance to down regulate as would happen on a long term cut, then back to bulk.

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

no i think that's speedy if you didn't mystically clean something like 140 as a 69 guy

e. or maybe you did idk

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Nah def didn't. I did have well over a bodyweight snatch which I was happy about. Have you done a meet yet? I didnt medal most the time because the 3 other dudes in my weightclasses were national champs, two were brothers and one was someone I trained with.

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Can we get back to how he's going to loose 3-4lbs a week?

1 person likes this.
  15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Dat leptin pump

16. Khayembii Communique

Think I'm gonna work in a grip routine at the end of my upper days.

- Elbow pain on incline db bench/db shoulder press, any ideas?

- Wanna develop my pecs more, thinking about throwing db fly's in, should I just put them a the end or somewhere in the middle of my SPBR stuff? Same question with shrugs for traps.

17. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

A few local competitions but with my elbow it's going to be a long while before I can even get back to doing the classic lifts at full intensity. Let alone compete.

18. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

To me thats a 2 week bulk and 4 weeks of time wasted

Bulk once cut once "lean bulk" from there on....

19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

You can't just say the cut time cancels out the bulk time. Why wouldn't that be the case when doing multiple month long bulk/cut too then? What's different?

20. fuji

fuji Senior member

5'7" 195 at any reasonable level of leanness is fucking big, that height at 200lb and single digit bodyfat would have you being bigger then top "natural" bodybuilders, I mean what is laynr norton on stage like 180? There's an ifbb pro called Frankie smalls who competed in the Olympia last year at that height and 210. I have a mate at that height and 180 whose like 10% pulling 500 and squatting atg 405 not natty. What was Knucks like 180 when he got lean?

Charly can loose 3-4lb a weak because he's going to get dry as fuck and is probably holding a lot of water, it's not all fat.

1 person likes this.