• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is smashing someone i teach math to considered a breach of professional ethics

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^think you can get into trouble for doing that. Are you employed (e.g., doing a phd)?

I considered it before, but decided (really...) that it might not be worth it. But would probably do it if it looked really easy....

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004520/

Something that you do NOT want to **** around with. Still remember dealing with my infection. Thank the flying spaghetti monster that it wasn't serious.
I've heard about this, but didn't know the name. This is really bad news for a gym; would prompt me to switch to a new one.

If you are employed by a school/university to teach, then yes. It happens quite a bit, but if things go awry, then it could result in you losing your job or worse.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ooof, my gym had a MRSA outbreak so I'm taking a month off from there and joined up at the shittier (but cheaper and closer to my house) gym.

That's gross. I work out at the dirtiest gym. Equipment 30+ years old and falling apart, carpet is pretty much worn through, holes on lifting platforms, and I've never seen anyone clean it ever. I get worried about MRSA, every cut I get there takes super long to heal. Too bad it's the only legit powerlifting gym in the area.

You Brazzers, bro.

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

once saw a guy doing 1/4 ROM smith squats with a neck pad. srs.

You say that like its a rare occurrence, see that pretty much every time im in the gym.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brb quarter squatting with 3 plates ***** pad.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always funny to see dudes squat like 2-3x what they deadlift

stinger70

Reaction score

You say that like its a rare occurrence, see that pretty much every time im in the gym.

came to say this lol. Today 2 guys were free weight squatting about 110kg and just like dipping at the knees probably going down about 12" or less. I just don't get it.

Had a good workout despite a week off and lower calories, new deadlift 5 and 2 rep PR, and 42kg DB felt too light for rows with good form. Despite having lat DOMS from thursdays shoulder/tricep workout. Why do i get lat DOMS from everything except leg day.

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
That's gross. I work out at the dirtiest gym. Equipment 30+ years old and falling apart, carpet is pretty much worn through, holes on lifting platforms, and I've never seen anyone clean it ever. I get worried about MRSA, every cut I get there takes super long to heal. Too bad it's the only legit powerlifting gym in the area.
You Brazzers, bro.

Yep, it's got me pretty sketched out where before I never even thought about **** like that...guess I should have, or something. Funny thing is, the place I'm going now is far dirtier than the place I was at where the outbreak happened.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

came to say this lol. Today 2 guys were free weight squatting about 110kg and just like dipping at the knees probably going down about 12" or less. I just don't get it.

Had a good workout despite a week off and lower calories, new deadlift 5 and 2 rep PR, and 42kg DB felt too light for rows with good form. Despite having lat DOMS from thursdays shoulder/tricep workout. Why do i get lat DOMS from everything except leg day.

I don't think many people understand the squat. I was lucky enough, when I first learned it - like the first time I tried it - some dude came over and taught me how to do it. Because I was doing it completely wrong. I wanna pay it forward but don't wanna be a gym douche.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads