1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I wonder if 195lbs at 5'7" is biggish? I was not happy with the way I looked after bulking from 137 to 200. But after months of eating a clean maintenance (I consider chipotle clean) at 195lbs and seeing my lifts go up I'm very happy with my body composition right now. I am thinking about staying at 195-198 and having that be my competitive weight, but I don't want to be small ever :slayer:

2. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I want to get up to around 200 on this bulk if I can without getting too fat. I cut down to 175lbs and I currently sit at just over 180 with 11% bf, I think. Weight gain is a bit too slow tbh, but as long as my strength increases I'm fine with that. I calorie and carb cycle but if I calculate a daily average I get about 3200 per day.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Are you doing a 24 hour or 2 hour weigh in this time? What percent of that weight do you think is fat/muscle/water?

4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

195 @ 5'7" isn't big at all. Maybe not skinny, but not big. If I'm DYEL at 190, tacking on another 5 lbs isn't going to be much bigger.

I wanna get up to 210-215 by the end of March. My long term goal has always been to hit 200lbs @5'7" with single digit bf. I don't think I'll be able to do it this time around but it'll feel good to look decent at least at 200, my next cycle will prob hit it. :slayer:

5. APK

APK Senior member

I usually get a side of chips with my triple-chicken naked burrito at Qdoba, because they've got the perfect mix of lime and salt. It's sadly one of the things I've come to look forward in the average week. A couple weeks back, I had to go back in TWICE because the chips had the consistency of stale body of the Christ crackers. When I took the second bag back, they told me that was all they had and I could either have a refund (lulz) or just get chips for free the next time I was there. I opted for the latter, but man, what a disappointing night.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, maybe if I hit a platue I'll start thinking about going back up to 200lbs. I'm a big fan of eating through sticking points, so who knows. Being 5'7" 200lbs poses some problems with clothes, even 195lbs it's a pain in the ass.

Qdoba chips are yummy, know that feel.

7. Khayembii Communique

I have a weird body shape so clothes are already an issue for me, IDGAF about clothes I got Oleg to tailor my shit up for me.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

ive been lazy about eating lately and things are starting to grind to a halt. gotta pick up the fork again. fucking clothes though, im down to one pair of wool work pants since my chinos now leave extremely little to the imagination.

if my goal weight is 215 and I will certainly hit it before the time I've set for myself, wat do? Gut feeling is telling me to eat more and bulk longer instead of cut sooner.

9. Khayembii Communique

Depends on how much of a fatass you are IMO

10. FtRoyalty

FtRoyalty Senior member

I figured you probably wouldn't be more than 15% over your target weight and lose about 1.5% of BW/week. The latter percent (1.5% BW/week) is the standard for high school wrestlers. Minimums are based on bf% (no lower than 7% for males). When I wrestled, my coaches always told us the same numbers (before national standards).

Ok, just curious how close your numbers were to mine. I weighed in a few days ago at 183 and probably low teens for bf. I'm happy enough with my weight gain. My bulk isn't so much based on achieving a set weight but wanting to break 1000 total around Halloween. When my wrestlers get certified in late October/early November, I'll probably slip in to get an official number for my bf.

All of you manlets are making me feel really puny at 183/5'9".

11. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I appreciate the conceptionist converting his measurements to our poverty Imperial slave measurement system.

>5'9"
    >manlet
    pick both

12. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

3-4 pounds a week? how is your diet like during cutting so that you don't lose on your lifts?

13. FtRoyalty

FtRoyalty Senior member

Wouldn't maintenance for 215 be around 3200-3300 calories/day? How close do you think you are to that now? You could always eat less on your excess. Seems if you up your calories too quickly, you'll just have more fat to lose when you do cut.

Kinda sounds like you want to reevaluate your goal of 215 and go higher.

14. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

lol

15. FtRoyalty

FtRoyalty Senior member

Nevermind. Had to refer back to TK's chart. 5'10"= king of manlets

16. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

dude. You can't do pullups. fat =/ big.

you should cut until you're like 10%

17. Khayembii Communique

Saw some dude giving some other dude deadlift advice, for like 10 minutes straight. Ended up showing him how to stiff leg deadlift, He wasn't trying to, either lol

The guy giving advice then went and did belted 255 squats haha

My elbow sort of hurts after DB incline bench/DB shoulder press. Can't tell which lift is causing it as I do them back to back and feel it after. What do?

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

You give the worst advice. Sure I'll cut down to 10% bodyfat and at 165lbs I'll be a lean scrawny fuck. Who cares if I can't do 8 pullups but I can squat over 400lbs. And I'm def not fat, bigger than you. and would rather fall on the side of looking big/fat in your eyes than look like how you appear in WAYWT pics.

19. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

if you can squat twice your weight, then you should really be able to do pull ups... :plain:

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Well to be fair I haven't squatted 400 yet, but I'm on track to.

I can do chinups that I see people do in the gym all day long. But I said this before I consider a pullup extremely strict, start from a dead hang each rep, shoulders maintain external rotation the whole ROM, chest touches the bar. I know a lot of people that I'd consider strong but cannot do a lot of these.

edit: I was thinking of getting a pullup bar to just do them around the house when Im bored. Think it is recommended in Greyskull LP. I have other stuff I need to programming in at the gym other than pullups.