Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I think I've had a few awesome moments in my past lifting. The most notable would probably be cutting down 30 lbs and then "bulking" back up 30 lbs. Obviously not all muscle, but the visual difference in losing 30lbs of fat and adding back the same amount in muscle and fat is pretty striking.

I'm also really happy that my current workout prog is really balanced so I no longer have internally rotated shoulders and I do a lot of tricep work to balance out curls so I don't have gymbro gorilla arms.

I've been noticing my posture is insanely good when sitting, too. I don't use chair backs much anymore, and I don't even realize it. Still have the pelvic tilt that I'm too lazy to fix that I should one day because it makes me look fatter than I am.

Still working towards 2xBW squat for reps, though, which is my current long term goal. I'd like to grow my pecs more but don't want to mess up my shoulder balance and I'm already doing back work so I guess just stay the course on what I'm doing.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Well I should've clarified the 242's. Impossible for me to carry more weight whilst carrying a high amount of lean mass so I can move proper weight for top rankings. If I want to compete in the 275's or 308's and be ranked up top, I'll need some extra extra.

3. mrchariybrown

All time WR in 198's raw total without wraps and all time WR in 198's raw squat without wraps.

And this kid is only 19.

And he's a 198's at 5'10"...

If he stays healthy, he might be the next Ed Coan and will sweep all the total, squat, and deadlift WR's from 198's to 242's+

Looks like my chances of holding a WR is pretty slim to none now.

This kid is from another planet.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4. mrchariybrown

Yea.. I give up..

(not really though)

5. virus646

virus646 Senior member

God, strong mofo and at that age! Good shit. Ben Rice is another one to watch out.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

your lagging AZN genetics cannot match up to the GMO-altered DNA of these corn-fed monstrosities.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Roids would be so nice. Considering running a cycle when I turn 27

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I want to see where I am by the end of this year. I haven't been training/eating optimally until now. If I don't hit the strength milestones I want by 2014 I will seriously consider some kind of 'thol or 'trol. But so far I am doing pretty well.

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Started my planks PT routine yesterday.

the dr. was right. my core is fucking weak as shit.

But at least i'm aesthetic ;)

10. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I've started eating just over 3000 calories for a cut/recomp. Hopefully i will notice visual changes within like 8 weeks, shouldn't lose too much strength as im on max OT everything 4-6 reps might even gain some strength if i get plenty of protein in. No longer can i justify getting a BK double angus with cheese because im bulking. Might even be able to fit some vegetables into my diet.

11. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

@ Stinger:
    Umm... You sure your maintenance is around 3000 cal? At 6'3 185 I calculated mine as 2600. How many days a week do you lift? If you do a 3 split for instance, unless you work at a factory, warehouse, on a farm or anywhere where you walk a lot and lift things, I strongly believe you want to set your activity multiplier as "lightly active".

And at 3000 cal, you still can eat pretty much whatever. Why wouldn't you be able to eat that burger? Just hit your grams / macros for the day (which will be generous at 3000). Yesterday was my rest day on which I only eat 2000 and I went to a pork and pancake buffet no problem.

You will see strength gains if you believe it. All my lifts are still going up.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Did I miss something here?

13. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

my TDEE came out at 4000 when i did it all in detail, i know thats too high but i will definitley lose weight on 3000.

14. gort

gort Senior member

Do you have a manual labor job?

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

no, i'd say lightly active at work.