1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Still have 3 months to go! : | Anyway, thread has been shit up the whole day. I apologize and offer new broscience vid in exchange for peace

2 people like this.
  2. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Guys the issue isn't whether or not it's rapey. The real issue is that Mark probably has herpes now. :(

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

this fucking thread sometimes, jfc. everyone unfuck themselves please.

two-a-day was a horrendous idea, lol. im sure if i put some planning and effort into being consistent with a split involving 2/days that made sense it might work, but as a one-off it wasn't the best. i feel like it would work better for back/legs than chest; my shoulders ended up getting pretty cranky after my first sets tonight and i really didn't have any mental drive to get a worthwhile session in. i feel like getting extra back volume in would be much better.

with that being said this morning i did 210x4,3,2 and some chest/delt assistance work. 12h later i did singles on bench, working up to 245x0 which i got 95% of before spotter gave it a boost up :censored:. pretty happy that i almost got it though considering i had benched at near-max effort earlier in the day. then a bunch of mindless volume and dicking around on hammer strength machines. also witnessed some shithead dyel kid do 135 quarter reps on bench, left the bar loaded to go do curls, and then go back to a different bench to do close grips while his first one was still loaded. the fuck.

4. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Haha, not a fan of the darker girls?

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

There's plenty that are very pretty and have good personalities, but with a 50% chance of herpes...no thanks.

Also, it sounds like this girl is particularly whore-ish.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

His gf is Indian... I didn't think there was any racist implication there...

Of course I just took a trip to wikipedia and

Some scary numbers.

7. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Wait, what? Is sarcasm whooshing right over my head, or do black chicks have a higher rate of herp?

What do you consider whore-ish though? I can almost guarantee the majority of girls in my age group (22) are at least 10-15 guys deep at this point. It's an unfortunate reality.

8. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

You don't have to cook every meal. Iron Addict and other users of the modified warrior diet recommends amino acid or casein protein powder or cottage cheese for the "underfeeding meals" during the day. If you don't want to eat that, you can just cook a couple of pounds of chicken or white fish (or any other lean meat) at one time, freeze it and then bring a small amount of it per meal. Canned tuna also works in moderation. Add some low gi berries/an apple, light vegetables and fish oil caps and you're good to go. Note that these underfeeding meals should ideally be about 25-40g protein, 5-15g fat, trace carbs and max 300-350 cals.

9. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Yeah i'm aware his GF is Indian.

And fuck, i've always preferred black girls, not fully black though, mixed. Still, that is very scary.

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I'm really enjoying your legitimately fitness minded conversation in light of the recent herpes outbreak.

What's an underfeeding meal? Casein is so hard to mix or I'd use it more often.

11. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Oh great now we're talking about the girl's likelihood of having an STD because she's black. Well this is fucking lovely isn't it?

Personally I would never consider veto-ing sex with someone based on the statistical probability of her having an STD due to her ethnicity.

I wonder if there are any gay guys who've gone to straight camp because they're worried about HIV

Seems pretty fucking stupid to me.

also wondering how Tk having an Indian gf makes it any less racist for him to say Mark has herpes because he fucked a black girl.

It's not unfortunate it's fucking great as far as I'm concerned but then you americans are weird about this shit.

1 person likes this.
  12. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

So in other non-rapey/herpes news... I finally bought some denim. It's been almost 2 years since I've worn any. Had to size up to a 33 so the waist is loose, booty and thighs were super tight, but are stretching out nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

ITT: RFT
    In RFT: RHET

Jeans look good. Kicks are W+H?

14. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

^ Yup W+H. Love em, but would never pay full price.

1 person likes this.
  15. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Haha, I just ignore the shit ITT and try to keep the discussion on track.

Read The Carb Backloading book and search on google for "Modified Warrior Diet". Iron Addict and professional powerlifter/bodybuilder Michael Keck has written some good stuff. Also check out Nate Miyaki and Jason Ferrugia for more posts on the same vein.

Basically you eat very small meals during the day mainly consisting of protein. They have to be low in calorie and eaisly digestible to not stress your body and keep you in the "fighting" mental state, mimicking the feeling you get while fasting. This mental state is ideal for training.

The bulk of you calories are placed during and esp post workout. You can eat carb backload every night or switch te carbs for fat on rest days for a carb cycling method.

It's very close to the Leangains protocol with one pre workout meal, but with added focus on gut health and more detailed pre/during/post workout nutrition.

I don't like to keep it super strict with exactly what methods I use. I take the stuff I like from the different methods and just make sure I consistently hit my macros by the end of the day.

As for casein, mix it slowly with water or milk. If you just dump the whole serving of protein into the liquid at once, it tends to clump. Put it into the fridge for 15-30 minutes for a pudding/ice cream consistensy.

1 person likes this.
  16. Towers

Towers Senior member

17. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Good shit brah ... would rep ... but there's no rep system! hahhaha

18. Eason

Eason Senior member

Looks like someone who lifts wearing tapered jeans and low profile sneaks. :( that isn't for us man. Let it go. Once the thighs reach that point, no jeans will ever look good.

1 person likes this.
  19. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

two a days require some programming, for sure. the trick is to have both sessions kinda short and sweet because what you're trying to do is not necessarily to get more hours in but lift at a higher intensity.

if I had the time I'd be a fan myself. Works really well with the classic lifts.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  20. Eason

Eason Senior member

shirt arrived :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    4 people like this.