1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gort

gort Senior member

thick solid TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT
    [​IMG]

Mark you've certainly come a ways from the first post I remember you from about breaking up with your girlfriend way back when.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

no because square cube law

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

To be fair mark has super weak hips

4. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

You gotta work with what you've got! If you think your hips are too wide work the fuck out of your traps/upper back/shoulders. Get that V going and downplay the hips.

I'd like to think I have, once upon a time I was the bitchiest of bitches.

To be honest I think I like it that way, makes it easier to look aesthetic with slim hips and wide upper body. You look at Arnold era bodybuilders and they all had relatively slip waists and "weak" hips compared to their upper bodies. Looks a lot nicer I think.

DYE Frank Zane?

[​IMG]

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

also the only thing i really noticed from that boringasfuck story is that 85 snatch at 69 isn't competitive or even close

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, I agree Mark. Although i mean more like you have weak legs :p

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

edit: meant to post after coldsnap about hip mobility etc.

When does that really become a problem and hinder his progress if said dude just wants to get ripped and not get into power lifting etc.

I feel that that connection is always missed between posters here.

8. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Haha yes, upper body definitely trumps my legs, but i'm working on it.

This as well, as long as my legs look in proportion to my upper body, and aesthetic, I could give fuck all how strong they are.

With that being said, I am definitely trying to get them as strong as possible on this bulk, but at the end of the day....meh.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Probably doesn't factor into much. Althought it's nice to have strong legs and there's way to many guys in my gym that are there a lot but wear pants every time because they have small legs.

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Mark looking good! On dat aesthetic time. Tan adds five pounds of muscle and burns five pounds of fat.

CT your thighs look big relatively speaking because you have high BF and that's where you're storing it all.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Mark, what's your current weight and goal weight?

Also, what's cheapest way to have body fat accurately checked?

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^I am going to lay off the DL and squat and add in running regiment (have not run or done any cardio in close to 4 years now). Will keep everything else in IA SPBR the same, will just add in my auxiliary work for the upper body.

Put $380 down for another 2 year, budget this month is looking bad considering all my other planned expenses :butbut:

It's going to feel so weird running or any type of circuit training involving cardio.

13. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Thanks bro, means a lot coming from you.

5'10.5 current weight is hovering around 195.

Goal is to bulk until I can roughly do 5x5x225 bench, OHP 5x5x150, 5x5x280 Squat and 1x5x370 DL.

After that happens, want to cut down to 8% BF at 185, I think that is ideal for my frame. After that either eat at maintenance for the shirtless months, or just at a slight surplus.

Aiming to have those goals accomplished around March, and start cutting in April. Barring and injuries or severe fuckarounditis I think i'll be good for it.

14. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Deadlift and squats don't make your hips wider. Bone structure and being fat makes your hips looks wide.

there's nothing you can do about the former.

2 people like this.
  15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I think its the big thighs that accentuate my hips. As TKJ mentioned perhaps I should drop some body fat. TBH I am not not sure yet about dropping the two lifts, but running will certainly help me not totally neglect my legs if I do.

Going to devote more time in my traps, shoulder, and chest.

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I didnt' mean literally he has small hips of course. It's a figure of speech, at least in the gyms I've been to. You have strong hips meaning you have a strong lower back, glutes, hams, and quads.

Toasty do you high bar squat? Just do that if you're going for aesthetics. I think taking out squats and deadlifts are a bad idea. Upper body will eventually catch up. I wore size 35 pants and a size small or x-small shirt when I olympic lifted. Finally at size 34 pants and X-large to large shirt. Can't really say it's a result of my chest because it's mostly my back, traps, and arms.

17. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Yea at the minimum just cut volume and stop adding weight to the bar. But maintain the strength you have. Legs/core are important + if you have good form might as well keep doing them.

18. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I think you should stop squatting and deadlifting

While you're at it, start watching Mike Chang's Six Pack Shortcuts channel.

3 people like this.
  19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

For my birthday a long time ago an old friend got me some vintage weightlifting books. There's a formula in there about calculating maximum muscular bodyweight. At 5'7" it puts me at 170lbs. I would be pretty jacked at 170lbs. I might do this after my meet, it really depends how I feel after it. I would have nearly a year until my next local meet and if I cut down to that it would put me at some pretty damn good #s for that bodyweight.

20. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member