1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Towers

Towers Senior member

unless its an a/b/a split, then its closer to 5 1/4.

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

this comparison would be retarded

3. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Going from 4 split to a 3 split with more active rest days was just what I needed to get faster gains. Bench is up 15 pounds and deadlift 30 pounds after just two weeks. Feel a lot less beat up and not as sore and stiff all the time.

Got a aching pain above one of my glutes after sumo DLs today. Hurts a bit when I bend forward. I think I leaned a bit too far back on the lockout. Anyone have an idea what it could be?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I get little weird glute tweaks every now and then. I take it as me doing something right... most folks will never activate their glutes

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

:puzzled:

It's easy to feel contraction of the glutes?

6. Bush

Bush Well-Known Member

I'm still unsure if you guys are serious about the whole "creatine for gainz" thing or if that's just a running joke in this thread. lol

7. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

I know an O-lifter who always said that if you could front squat a weight for 3 reps, you should be able to C&J that weight.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I live and die by creatine. Literally. Doc says if I keep it up kidneys will go for sure and in heading towards dialysis, but the gains are absolutely incredible.

9. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

gains >> life

RIP ZYZZ

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Yea, I don't undertsand why anyone would want to be a natty lifter when creatine is so readily available.

Also, greek yogurt + stevia = not bad... should have thought of this sooner.

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I paid my way through college by selling creatine out of my dorm room. There were some close run-ins with the police but luckily i made it out ok.

12. gort

gort Senior member

I didn't know you were allowed to be fond of a crossfit brand? :embar:

13. Khayembii Communique

Maybe you guys can shed some light on this. I told part of this story a while ago. So in January I participated in an investment banking competition. I networked with all of the executives, and one of the judges I got to know well is a founder/partner in a two-employee PE firm. I was talking to him for a while and asked him if it would be possible to intern with his company. He said that summer interns are usually selected based on nepotism (i.e. clients' kids), but that since I'm not in school a fall internship might be possible. He said they've never done that before, but came up with the idea himself and thought it might work.

I met with himself and his partner. The meeting went well, he was basically trying to sell the idea to his partner, who seemed to like me. We talked for a while, joked around, had some laughs, etc. They asked me if I had problems doing mundane work like licking envelopes and moving boxes around, apparently they've had problems in the past with interns having entitlement complexes. I obviously don't, I sweep the floor at my current job, get dirty working on machines, etc. So overall it went great.

Then I didn't hear from them for a while. After a couple weeks/months he said they were still evaluating their business needs. I tried talking to him to negotiate some kind of part-time or unpaid gig, pretty much any way to get my foot in, but he wasn't having it.

Anyways, I attended a networking function his company hosted about a week ago. I hardly talked talked to him the whole night, just shook his hand and said hi and thanked him for inviting me. I sent him a thank you email the next day. Didn't mention our prior discussions or anything, just thanks for having me, that sort of thing. He responded with "I am glad that you were able to join us. With regards to interim analyst position, I am sorry for the slow process. My partner and I are evaluating our needs and how best to address."

Should I send a reply just saying thanks for the continuing consideration? Is this guy just pulling my leg, or is this just something low on his priority list that he'll eventually get around to?

No idea why I'm posting this in RHET, I guess because I hardly post anywhere else on this forum haha

14. Towers

Towers Senior member

i heard ben affleck is using creatine to bulk up for the next batman movie, confirm/deny?

15. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Congrats man! See you there in a few months... hopefully.

With the exception of a few items that I just "had to have" I buy everything on sale or at deep discounts. So when it comes time to sell them because of gainz I can make back nearly if not the same/more than what I spent.

Allrogueerrthang. Jarude I woulda went for it, but I'm officially a Roguewhore

16. gort

gort Senior member

[​IMG]

Wonder how doctored photo is of his arm.

Still, Arnold FTW. :slayer:

17. Bush

Bush Well-Known Member

How profitable was this? I'm sure the gym bros would go crazy for creatine cookies around here haha

18. Khayembii Communique

Where do you get stuff? B&S? eBay? Gilt?

19. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

In a few days I'll be leaving for a trip to Europe. 3 Weeks of not working out, prob not eating very strictly, and just straight relaxing. I'm not super stressed about it or anything, but a 3 weeks is a LONG time. I think the only logical thing I can do is super high volume body weight routine early mornings before I start my day. Probably just accept that my numbers will probably fall a little. At least I'll be on my way to 200lbs haha.

20. jarude

jarude Senior member

went to the mcgym last night and i saw a chick with the most stupendous ass i have ever seen in my life. then saw her doing RDLs with 225 for reps, and ghetto GHR's with minor assistance :inlove::inlove::inlove: was severely mirin

i was feeling good about how i crushed my squats that i failed on last week until someone came in and pause-benched the same weight, felt bad man. i then congratulated him on a nice bench and he said something to the effect of "u doin it right, now its just takes time brah." lifting with tons of other people around is certainly motivating in that sense.

bring bands; you can inflict all kinds of torture on yourself with a #5 band. you could easily do max effort bodyweight movements at ~5 reps with the proper amount of band tension.

i try not to think of it as a crossfit brand, lol. they're smart for cashing in on the CF circlejerk, but i think their stuff looks really nice. i'd rather not pay a premium for the stuff brand new but secondhand might be nice. either way, i havent heard back from the guy so its safe to say they are gone... he was selling 3x S1 squat racks for 200/ea when they retail for twice that.

oh well, i missed out. i'd love to piss away a ton of money at rogue.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013