• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got 12.5" biceps.. i could probably use another inch or so on them but w/e. I tried to do the whole arm hypertrophy thing and felt marsupialed. My assistance work is a lot of high rep stuff now so I guess I am hitting that hypertrophy in some areas. My biceps and forarms feel like they get enough work with heavy deads, bent over rows, pullups, and facepulls.

Miring how you put 4.5" on your bis in 1 month.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I probably just picked a number because this morning was the first time I ever thought to measure my bicep. BECAUSE AGAIN ITS THE DUMBEST ******* THING TO WORRY ABOUT when everyone in here should be thinking about other ****. Nothing I would lie about... ***** stupid.You guys have your fun im done posting here. This forum has the most fucked up view of strength and looking good, don't need any of that in my life.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Come on, man, you're the one who's regularly chiming in with this condescending attitude toward the people who have the audacity to desire a lean physique versus one that maximizes the amount of weight it can move around. That's cool you don't give a **** about aesthetics, but you've made a habit of browbeating those with contrasting health and body goals.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I probably just picked a number because this morning was the first time I ever thought to measure my bicep. BECAUSE AGAIN ITS THE DUMBEST ******* THING TO WORRY ABOUT when everyone in here should be thinking about other ****. Nothing I would lie about... ***** stupid.You guys have your fun im done posting here. This forum has the most fucked up view of strength and looking good, don't need any of that in my life.

Should we all worry about internal rotation and "proper" pull up form instead? We have fucked up views of strength and looking good because not everyone here wants to be weak and fat?

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
To be fair to Coldsnap, this thread's only purpose is to browbeat other people. The actual amount of useful and/or logical advice in here is probably about 5% of all posts. So he's just using the "when in a room with a bunch of douchebags, do whatever you can to fit in" posting technique.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys have your fun im done posting here. This forum has the most fucked up view of strength and looking good, don't need any of that in my life.

as a fellow weightlifter i give you the benefit of the doubt but this sure is some grade-a high school drama queen **** right here.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

lol bye

good luck on your mr. potatohead aesthetic goals for 2013

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is there anything I can substitute for leg press? Don't have access to a gym with a leg press :confused:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Is there anything I can substitute for leg press? Don't have access to a gym with a leg press :confused:

I would recommend squatting as a substitute for leg presses. Alternatively you can lay on your back in the squat rack and try to balance the barbell on your feet. Then, push up and slowly unrack the bar, bringing your knees towards your chin in a controlled movement, then press the barbell back up. Be sure to keep your balance so the weight doesn't roll off and crush you. Start with the bar and work your way up to 315.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would recommend squatting as a substitute for leg presses. Alternatively you can lay on your back in the squat rack and try to balance the barbell on your feet. Then, push up and slowly unrack the bar, bringing your knees towards your chin in a controlled movement, then press the barbell back up. Be sure to keep your balance so the weight doesn't roll off and crush you. Start with the bar and work your way up to 315.

guy at my gym used to do this in the smith machine, was lolzy.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

goblet squats?

i've been doing pnf stretching 2 times a week and light stretching in between and already at the end of the the 2nd week at the end of my set i'm able to touch my chest to my knees during a seated pike. is pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads