Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

lol my bicep is 17" and I curl for like 2 sets once a month if i'm bored and done with everything under the sun. waste of time nor do i even care how big they are. big triceps are where it's at anyways

2. milosh

milosh Senior member

Recorded myself doing cleans and I pull a bit with my arms + not close enough to my body.

It's so easy to find errors when you get someone to record your reps.

3. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Can't say I believe a whole lot of what you post in here. All of your Waywt pics make you look like a completely normal, slightly chunky dude

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Pretty sure you said it's 12" a few weeks ago and if you have 17" arms with your lifts your just fat

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

this, pics of 17" or it didnt happen.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

What do you mean believe what I post in here? I don't ever really talk about my #s or brag about much.

Just measured with an actual tape 16".

I know plenty of normal slightly chunky dudes that can out lift everyone in this thread. who fuckin cares

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  7. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

so its already come down an inch

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

lol w/e you guys would be concerned with bicep size. I realize why i stopped reading this thread because most people here are shit lifters because of their own convictions about dumb shit that doesnt matter.

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

its supposed to be a simple dumb-proof program which will guarantee progression on main lifts, which it does. ia stated the only reason he throws curls into his programs is that no one will do it if you dont have curls in it.

god forbid a basic program designed for the masses lacks specifically prescribed prehab and individualized weak point work. you do realize what you've said contradicts the entire premise of the program, right mang

and on the other hand, here i agree with you

be sure to check in next week when stinger is unable to lift and goes into hissyfit hysterics because he went on a hike and his biceps totally atrophied in two weeks

10. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

You just seem to like to give a lot of advice or critique other people on their routines, when you yourself aren't really anything special.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

People care about bicep size because people want to look aesthetic and would rather not have a 2" drop and not be able to do pull ups. As much as it hurts me to say this no one cares about thick solid tight hamstrings, glutes and quads

12. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Not sure why nobody believed that, i lost about 10lbs and an inch off my arms, i probably ate 3000 calories under maintenance every day for a week. I may care about arm size but at least i dont grossly exaggerate my own.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Posting that its a measured 16" means its likely 15.5" with maximum pump and mostly fatceps.

And there's honestly not that much dedicated arm work in that routine. 3 sets of curls twice a week is pretty typical of any hypertrophic based program.

14. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

In general I agree with you, but curls do have carry over to other lifts and athletic work. There are very legitimate reasons to do them.

lolwut?

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

my maintenance is about 3500, i was walking between 7 and 10 miles per day up hills which supposedly doubles your maintenance requirements according to the training, i probably ate 1500 calories most days because i had hardly any food and it was disgusting and very low protein.