Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

lol no problemo

good thing about rice pudding is you can make it in big batches and it keeps. bad thing is you then have mounds of deliciousness in the fridge teasing you on low carb days.

2. Flame

Flame Senior member

K charly will run that and see how it goes

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013

3. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Yeah, Flame that's actually not a lot of food.

1 pound chicken, 1 pound rice, 2 cups of oats, 1 pound of mixed veggies, half a litre of milk, one scoop of whey + half a pound of berries. 3500 cals post workout in 3 meals spread over 3 hours. 500 cals pre workout. I thought I would die in the beginning, but now it goes down no problem. 2000 cals of pretty clean food in one sitting [​IMG]

Workout days: 4000 cals (35p/50c/15F)
    Restdays: 3000 kal - slightly over my maintenance (0.35p/0.3c/0.35f)

As I've said, been eating like this for 6 months and 15 lbs gain total. From roughly 10% bf to 14.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah it would, 2 minutes of burpees would and i'd probably get like 4 out before phlegming everywhere, but what would I gain from doing 7 minutes of burpees? Theres no reason why I would waste 7 minutes in the gym on burpees.

5. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Conditioning matters. Strength isn't everything.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

My goals are to be as muscular and strong as possible. As long as I have the necessary level of conditioning to do the necessary work volume and be able to do high rep sets without getting out of breath then I have no reason to improve it. Being able to do burpees consistently for 7 minutes is way past that.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Speaking of dieting I need to get a little more dialed in here. Trying to shed some fat for the next month. Will be in the gym 3-4 days a week and, hopefully, morning cardio on the off days. Currently I'm at 2324 calories, broken into - 177g carbs, 69.5g fat, and 222g of protein. Been doing this for the past 2 weeks and its been good, but I figured I'd check and see if I could pull it together a bit more. Have at it.

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

totally uncool, i sincerely hope you'll find a better position with someone else as soon as humanly possible .

9. joshuadowen

It is, but at your current levels, it also wouldn't get in the way of your strength goals. So it's more of a "why not?" than a "why?"

10. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Sounds like a surefire way to end up with a lot of useless exercises which aren't included in a single strength training workout on the internet. KISS.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Value of the time spent training to be better conditioned + the cost of the the additional food I'll need to buy to bring my calories up to the amount I need to bulk

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

LOL at thinking that because an exercise or a routine "kicks your ass" that it's automatically beneficial. My workouts are slow, leisurely paced, and at the end I'm no where close to being drenched and I've made more progress on size and strength in a year than most people make in five years.

If fitness is "hard" or kicks your ass, chances are you're wasting your time and effort.

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Theres more to life than strength/size

I think its a bad idea to mix cardio & strength training. But cardio is good to do just for general health. I don't want to be one of those guys who is huge + ripped and dies at 56 of something stupid like heart failure. But being all winded/sweaty while moving heavy weight seems like a bad idea too.

Cardio/conditioning is just like vegetables. They dont help w/lifting much but they are just good for you.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Dafuq does seven minutes of burpees or killing yourself in a work out have to do with having good cardiovascular health?

15. joshuadowen

This, and much of what goes on in this forum, reflects a very narrow view of fitness where strength is all that matters. Yes you've gotten stronger and bigger, but if you don't break a sweat working out, your endurance and stamina are going to be crap. I don't think it's a matter of cardiovascular health. I think it's about fitness. My favorite definition of fitness is that it's the ability to move heavy loads long distances, quickly. Your slow leisurely workouts have left you able to move very heavy loads, but you can't move them very far, and you certainly can't do it very quickly. You are so focused on one aspect of fitness that you are missing out on the other two. This may not matter to you because your interest is in getting big and in posting good numbers, rather than in any real application of fitness, but don't fall into the trap of starting to think that the gym is the real world. The gym is not the real world. The gym is training for the real world, and in the real world, speed, stamina, and endurance are all just as important as strength. A real athlete has to have all of these things.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013