Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. APK

APK Senior member

Overfeed is every day, but you would adjust your macros accordingly (i.e. drop carbs really low or to just trace on non-lifting days) and then doing one big re-feed a week (or two, if you can handle it).

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

so overfeed at night after training?

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

Nope, all days. Overfeed is just a way of saying the time period when you get all your calories in, lol. "Big meal" would be more appropriate. I've been sticking with the same macro on training/off days so far and I've been recomping steadily. PWO shake will put you at/just over maintenance slightly, again, depends on how you structure it.

edit: you can structure your day however, if it works out best to have your big meal earlier in the day you can do that too. As long as there is a 4-6 hour period where you eat the bulk of your daily intake and an 18-20 hour period where you undereat with those small meals, you're good. Personally I like eating my big meal at night because I am 100% worthless after my feast. Slamming 2 cups of rice after semi-fasting all day = sleepytime. I eat small meals at 10am, 1pm, 4pm, and then from 8-12 I eat my big meal.

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

this could actually work since i usually eat like a pig at night post training.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28781
    http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23732
    http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27127

Few threads on IA about warrior diet.

If you pig out at night post training anyways, you're golden. Simply adjust what you eat during the day (small meals ~300cals, amino acids/proteins/low gi carb) and then make sure you get your totals at night. You can skip the PWO shake if you're gonna eat after you train, too. It took me a week to adapt to hunger and stop craving shit during the day, but I'm at the point now where eating a solid meal during the day doesn't appeal to me.

6. APK

APK Senior member

It's pretty bad ass, I have to say. I work all day, so I don't like eating even a medium-sized meal. I'd rather fast or graze with some berries while at work and then do it up with the food come PWO time.

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

thanks fellas gonna give this a shot

8. APK

APK Senior member

I want to add that since adapting this way of eating, it's much easier to not indulge in shit foods. That feast seems like a cheat meal when it includes a pound of meat and some trimmings.

9. EnglishGent

EnglishGent Senior member

I keep reading that BCAA's help reduce the amount of protein you need, but the BCAA's at TruProtein show 0 protein on the nutrient breakdown. How much per g of BCAA should I reduce my protein intake?

10. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

More than anything, I love the WD for its simplicity, flexibility, and convenience. I don't have to worry about preparing food the night before for next day's lunch. I don't have to worry about eating poorly for lunch (since I'm not eating anyway). I get to have a fasted workout when I get home. Then I get to eat it up afterward.

The fact that it (sort of) allows for the occasional dirty overeating, as well as produces results is awesome.

I've been drinking a lot the past few weekends, which no doubt has hindered my progress, but I can definitely see the differences in the mirror and on the scale...total weight has remained constant, but body fat is going down.

Other than the occasional apple and late afternoon handful of almonds, I don't eat at all during the day. I will definitely incorporate consuming more BCAA's and even try to do some yogurt/berries to see if that changes anything.

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

chest has been sore for 10 days since i last trained chest

12. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I can't imagine doing a legit bulk with the WD or IF. Eating clean at maintenance is tough enough.

lucky you.. my stomach is like a bottomless pit that is never satisfied no matter what and how much you throw at it [​IMG]

13. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Do you guys try for other basic metrics? One thing that I recently thought about was my vertical jump. I had the chance to try it with the bars with the tabs and my goal in that is 30" now (I was about 26", so that's a longshot goal). It seems like a fun goal, and one not independent of squat and calf raises...just with more emphasis on explosivesness.

It's amazing that NFL OLmen can weigh twice+ what I do an have a 30+ vertical.

14. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Today is my off day. Been eating like shit. Pretzels, chips, ice cream. But my body feels good.

15. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Do you guys try for other basic metrics? One thing that I recently thought about was my vertical jump. I had the chance to try it with the bars with the tabs and my goal in that is 30" now (I was about 26", so that's a longshot goal). It seems like a fun goal, and one not independent of squat and calf raises...just with more emphasis on explosivesness.

On my leg days, as one of my exercises, I use a diamond bar, put weights on the side, and jump with that. It definitely helps with the explosiveness.