Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

4 pints of ice cream acquired. more to come. gonna have an ice cream social for one today.

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

make a zen room so you can bliss out and stuff, make sure to put tacky buddha pictures everywhere.

fatty

but i did eat a large pizza + 20 wings + loaf of garlic bread + fries + 3 cokes yesterday so i cant say anything

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013

3. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I've had this exact problem. The following is from personal experience. I don't know if it's all "correct", but it has worked for me.

You need to strengthen your core and be able to recruit it during the squat. Do heavy ab work (weighted planks, GHR sit-ups, hanging leg raises, etc). Practice on taking the biggest breath of air you possibly can and pull it all into your stomach. At the same time, flex your lower back as hard as you can. Hold the tension for the whole squat.

I find it easier to get the form right if I squat straight down instead of trying to sit back a lot. Low bar sit back does not work with poor flexibility and weak core. If you do more of a high bar style squat, you don't want to use as much hip drive. You want to be able to activate the glutes so they can push you up. You should feel the glutes flex at the bottom.

The reason I hyperextended on the way up was partly because of chest rising too fast, but also because I was losing tension. If you are able to hold that tension - belly full of air, lower back flexed and glutes active, during the whole squat, you pretty much can't hyperextend. It helps to keep the upper body more upright. Do mobility work to get your knees far out to the sides (external rotation) and sit more straight down and it should come by itself.

Stop back squatting for now. Try goblet squats first and see if you can do them properly. When you can, progress to front squats. This is how far I've come after a couple of months of trying to address this problem. I will continue with front squats until I can do them correctly and heavy. After that it's on to box squats and finally to back squats.

Also, I think the reason your upper back is rounding is because your not holding on to something, a bar for instance.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Throw in some conventional deadlifts in your routine.

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

LOL just tried out Instagram for the first time today...brb looking cut at 13% bf. Those filters are HIGHLY misleading lmao. No wonder girls love this shit so much.

[​IMG]

6. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Been running PHAT for two and a half week.

Dat pump after chest and arms day
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Nice work pilot! Are you bulking atm? If so how much are you gaining?

8. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Well I haven't changed up my diet at all, so I'm just running PHAT and seeing what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if I put on a few pounds over the coming weeks, but I'm not intentionally bulking. Sitting around 197-200 right now.

P.s. you're looking good (no homo) at 13%. How low are you taking it 6-7ish?

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Will be going down to 180 the week before comp...will probs put me around 6 or so. Will likely step on stage at 175

10. Flame

Flame Senior member

just to clarify, its my routine, not the team's?

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Getting ephedrine in US?

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Anyone got any shirts recommendations? Grew out of the chest measurments on Uniqlo Mediums, larges will be too big. And Gitman was too slim on me. thinking of brooks brothers 3/ $199 or just going made to measure from now on.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

One more progress pic with the filter :)

[​IMG]

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

you gotta stop caring so much about clothes

15. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Uniqlo Oxford + apc petit standards + boots or CPs. No fucks given. Still aesthetic, still get bitches. Coldsnap just get aesthetic and wear what looks good on you. Don't you have a GF anyways?