1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gort

gort Senior member

Have you given a try squatting without the neck pad yet?

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Yea... it wasnt exactly the revelation I was expecting, but I did figure out where and how to place the bar.

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Amazing how quickly you can firm back up after a few intense workout sessions and epic eating for a few days.

Feeling pretty good and scale is back to normal(192). Back on track! Thinking I'll be able to get to 215 this bulk with a tolerable body fat %.

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

old gym donated their cybex xover to me. got a smith, squat rack, dbells from 15-150 and 5 hammer strength machines. may not need to go to a gym much longer.

2 people like this.
  5. gort

gort Senior member

You must have a nice sized place to be able to store all that, especially considering where you live.

6. Cool The Kid

Dude wipes his ass with RO, he probably has a waterfront compound in Great Neck (yes jelly)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  7. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Great to hear Mark; hopefully that squat will balance out your freakish bench to squat ratio!

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

not great neck, i am catholic

9. Cool The Kid

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Since I've started this LP I've been sleeping 12 hours every night. Feel amazing but really cutting down on the time I have during the day.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

How can you sleep so much? I feel like shit when I oversleep significantly.

12. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What is it? What for?

14. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nice. Where'd you get that buffalo bar from? VLSI, it lets you squat and takes a lot of stress off your shoulders. Great if you want to squat while rehabbing an injury.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I would have killed for a buffalo bar when I was rehabbing my shoulder. Although my gym got a cambered bar and a safety squat bar during like the last month of my rehab program which was cool.

I dunno, I'm the type of person where I need 7+ or I feel like complete hell the next day. I just like to sleep, feel amazing after 12 hours, also feel like i recover from little injuries instantly after sleeping that much.

16. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Interesting. I've only seen the clambered and safety squat bars. Currently have bruises on both shoulders from all my squatting... it's the most painful part of the squat now :(

Kind of want to get a fatter Texas squat bar. My gym had one, it was nice for squats of course, but also really working my grip on deadlifts.

You have any recs for a dip belt? The haulin hooks one looks nice since I can use it with my ironmaster DBs, but it's a bit pricey for a belt.

17. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I've been using this http://www.amazon.com/Harbinger-289...=UTF8&qid=1377107522&sr=8-1&keywords=dip+belt

Cheap, does it's job well. Been doing ~100lbs without any signs of wear or breakage of the hardware.

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I'm just wondering if I can justify double the price for the other. It sounds like a lot more, but on an absolute scale $30 isnt that much money if it performs better. It has a buckle in front instead of open design and hook for db, which sounds nicerl/easier to load. However, the hook seems like something I could easily buy at any home depot and just place on the chain myself.

19. Cool The Kid

Theres no shame in a comfort pad

I have an Elite FTS dip belt. It's been doing its job for 4 years, def a keeper. I don't think it cost too much either.

Speaking of Elite FTS I got their super heavy knee and elbow sleeves yesterday. Squatted with the knee sleeves today and will do bench/dips with the elbow sleeves tomorrow. They seem OK... maybe a little loose. We will see how they break in.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

There's lots of shame in the comfort pad!!

6 people like this.