1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

You have your own home gym tho

2. Crat

Crat Senior member

I do hope you're joking.

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

lol since when are deadlifts a quad dominant lift?

considering some of the best DLers in the world do basically a straight leg deadlift pls go

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

No way TKJTG. Every good deadlifter gets his hips under the bar, that's just a fact.

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

why would i be joking?

1 person likes this.
  6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Are there any more affordable alternatives to the Rehband knee sleeves or should I just pony up

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

congratulations guys you've made lifting weights as needlessly complex as streetwear & denim

5 people like this.
  8. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

When I start to over think shit I just remind myself guys who were lifting before the days of the Internet were successful by eating a lot /smart and lifted big.

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^basically. no fat grips and microfiber knee wraps or any other shit

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

whats wrong with knee sleeves

huh

11. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

When squatting high bar how far apart should arms be ideally? for some reason ive always gripped the bar as close together as i could, not sure why... i think thats how i learned it, maybe thats the cause of my problems? doubtful but i just realized i have a super narrow grip after watching squatting videos

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Just started stronglifts 5x5 tonight. Wanted to switch things up for a few weeks (will be longer if progress is good) since I had been on my old routine a while and it was getting stale. What length do you guys on 5x5 take for breaks? When progressing in weight, do you add 5lb to every set every workout or just 1set, 2 set, etc. to work up? Any additional accessory work? I feel like I should at least be doing something for abs. Did squat at 5x5x155, felt really good grinding out the last few reps :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  13. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Markl- Probably the best form video I've found for highbar squats; worked for a couple of friends who've only started 'lifting' recently (0:49, upper back tightness is discussed and this OHP method is a pretty good gauger of grip width); though TBH grip width is entirely personal as long as upper back is tight you can grab wherever you want.

14. Eason

Eason Senior member

Tried narrowing up my stance tonight and using a higher bar; it was shit. Fuck that.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Squatted my previous 1 rep max for ten Friday since I started an LP. I was so sore and shot yesterday that I had like the biggest fail day ever. Literally everything I tried to do I couldn't think straight and ended up fucking something up.

16. Flame

Flame Senior member

Oly squatters, when coming up from the hole, look up, down or straight ahead?

17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Always neutral head position

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

inherently nothing its just a joke how ridiculous lifting culture has become. dave draper looked better than anyone today drinking milk, eating dbol with salt and lifting heavy. don't even get me started on crossfit, its actually starting to come between my best friend and i

2 people like this.
  19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Last meet I went to some dude had his sweatbands, headband, singlet, knee sleeves, and shoes all matching.

20. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Was he strong though