Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Flame

Flame Senior member

edited.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

hb is just better suited for some, i've always felt much more comfortable with it myself when compared to low bar.

3. Flame

Flame Senior member

I'm fairly certain HB is knee break as opposed to LB's hip break, so knee over toes is likely unless you have short femurs?

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I dont think he was complaining

Ghanaian in fact.

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Ctk, you still uptown? I just moved to the heights

6. Flame

Flame Senior member

Is this gonna work? (bastardized texas method):

Mon: Oly squat > RDL > Bench > Pendlay row
    Wed: C & J > DL > Weighted Pullups > Core = overhead squat, ab roller, leg raises
    Fri: Same as Mon, can sub Oly with front. ME but 1x5 only.

Was doing ME oly on mon & fri, ME front on wed, got gainz but i burnt out on week 4.

In other news, bf is 8.7% on Tanita scale @ 160 lbs. W00t. Also hit new PR for 200m.

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Yeah, high-bar sitting almost straight down feels a lot more natural for me. I imagine some people have problems with ankle flexibility but I've got that covered from skateboarding. I don't know if this matters, but I'm 6'3 and my hamstrings have been tight for basically my whole life, so maybe high bar just suits me better? I also always read that squats should break at the hips, like RDL's and GMs, but that doesn't make sense at all high-bar.

Thanks for clearing it up. Feels good to finally take a step in the right direction.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'm really happy with this 5/3/1 boring but big template right now. Feel like the additional reps are making my 1+ days go up real fast and is filling me out. I need 5/3/1 for a year or more, figure I would do boring but big during my bulk.

Man wtf is the average american.. I feel like lifting has sort of isolated me from society in a way. Like friend is going to an open mic tonight and I was stoked to go. Find out it starts at 10:00 which means I prob wont get home till 1:00, wake up at 7:00 for my 9-5 workday. That seems like hell and is that what most americans do most weeknights?

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I gained 20-25 lbs of proper muscle, it's a decent gain for about 2 years when I've only been paying attention to my macros for the last 1. I think I was 150-155 in that photo and am 175 now on a cut. I want to be 185, I plan to go back to a slow bulk after I get back from my vacation. I know I could bulk quickly and get fat to gain the next 10 but what's the point? Suddenly make all my clothes not fit? Better to slowly make all my clothes not fit.

anyway, time to do my early morning agile-8. fucking hate it

10. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

O man the mamis. I was just in the BX for work today.

Yea I am still here. Hopefully not for long doe. Trying to move down south. Buy a house and impregnate the wifey

11. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I used to do the whole routine... now it's more like the agile 4.5
    There were certain movements I felt didn't do shit (i.e. fire hydrants) and others I'd die without (lx ball to the piriformis, flexor stretch)

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I still do fire hydrants like 3 years later

13. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Truer words were never spoken. To echo deadly7's comment about things lost on most e-bros, this tops my list. New lifters are so concerned with making strength gains, they spend years lifting with crappy form. Most people don't start taking technique seriously until they suffer a bad injury. Coaches make a big difference in this respect, but even if you are training yourself, spend the time focusing on getting the movement right before you think of lifting heavy weights. If you can't move your body through space properly, you've got no hope of moving external objects through space properly.

14. Flame

Flame Senior member

I youtubed fire hydrants and got this:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

For real, this shit is imperative. I wish i did this but when I went from olympic lifting i was like durrr olympic lifters are as flexible as gymnists and thought i never had to work on mobility. Now I love mobility though, it's really close to just as important to strength for me.