1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Senior member

5"10 215lbs, top 2 visible, middle 2, just show in the morning, I'm probably around 15% bf.

2. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I don't understand how you guys have abs visible at such high BF and BMIs.

Is it cause you've been lifting for awhile, and have a solid foundation?

Just when I thought I got comfortable with bulking guys 30lbs heavier than me have abs : ( haha

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Again, high BMI does not necessitate high BF (though these two are highly correlated for a large majority of the population). It's literally just a function of total weight and height. They simply have higher lean body mass than you (and me), thus heavier and still have abs.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  4. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

upper abs don't count as visible abs.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I still do not have any core / ab workout in my routine lol

I stopped doing abs on chest day per IA SPBR. The 3x10 set was frustrating me as I do not see what purpose it served =\

6. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Senior member

Genetics and body-type play a huge part. I've been lifting consistently for 4+ years too.

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nah.. 30BMI with abs ain't magic.

Isn't even that big and that lean.

Mostly about having a solid foundation from years of lifting and busting your ass, and eating correctly.

You might have been lifting for 4+ years but the quality of the training really matters too.

Basically, if you're eating big (with decent macros) and busting your ass in the gym (limping out of the gym, soaked in sweat, on the verge of vomiting), you can get there no problem.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Bulking progress pic. Went from 176 --> 191 so far.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  9. gort

gort Senior member

It may get more narrow but it will always be there in some form. Just ask terry crews.

[​IMG]

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

2 people like this.
  11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I wonder why I haven't seen bmi used as a groupthink goal anywhere else on the internet? Oh ya, it's fucking retarded.

12. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

If only insurance companies felt the same way.

13. Towers

Towers Senior member

Anyone have experience with abdominal hernias? I felt one of my ab muscles pop during a heavy deadlift on Friday and since then intra-abdominal pressure has been uncomfortable (not painful, just feels weird, like I can't hold it tight in that spot). I haven't been to the gym since because I'm worried I'm going to blow an intestine out my abdominal wall.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Just saw an endo. More bloodwork and an ultrasound of thyroid. Depending on new blood results, he plans to start me on thyroid medication and clomid.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

not hernia but I had an abdominal strain which was pretty much the same way, put me out of any real lifting for a while. happened when i dropped a heavy jerk back onto my shoulders and wasnt paying attention.

16. Towers

Towers Senior member

I'm hoping its just a strain. I didn't have to push anything back inside and I was able to finish my last set at 315 with no problems, but it feels uncomfortable now and I have a small bulge (feels like swelling or fatty tissue) on top of where I felt the pop.

17. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

TK you're my inspiration at the moment man. My cut ended yesterday. I'm happy with what I was able to accomplish in 2 or so months, leaned out, lost a lot of the fat I gained during the dirty bulk, and also realized I kinda don't give a shit about abs being visible when I'm sitting at 160-165 bitchmode. So now I'm back at it.

18. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Awesome bro. It's difficult at first to get over the whole abs thing, but I think you'll find that as you put on quality mass you get more positive feedback from those around you and it'll reinforce what you're doing. The strength gains that come with it are nice as well.

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

A Chipotle chicken burrito, steak corn soft toaco, and a big glass of chocolate milk really is the best PWO meal EVERRR.

20. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I definitely took a hit in my numbers during this cut. As of last week I was grinding HARD to even finish my sets of 315 squat, 355 DL felt like 455, and everything else went down too. I was willing to accept that though and knew full well. Still glad I cut since I feel I can go on and bulk with a better start. Keep up the good work man, very inspiring.