1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Same with me. Thought I couldn't do without one, now I don't dare use one.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

There's just a good vibe around the power racks in my gym. Bodybuilders dont go near them and just stay to their side while it's pretty much unspoken that anyone can work in on the racks or platforms. Like Monday I was squatting in the same rack but on the pins behind a guy repping 600+ on squats. Dude got 9 btw I was like :OOOO

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  3. Eason

Eason Senior member

yeah I usually say something subtle like "hey how many more sets of curls do you have in the squat rack?" and then start warming up right next to him. They usually get the hint and leave.

4. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Never had this problem luckily since there are 5 squat racks where I work out. Biggest problem is people leaving weights unracked, then someone comes up to me asking "how many sets you have left?" when the rack next to me has been sitting untouched for a half hour.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  5. gort

gort Senior member

I think it's more like someone who leaves their shopping cart at the parking spot because they're so fucking lazy they can't return it to the front and then that cart is left to ding up everyone else's cars.

1 person likes this.
  6. milosh

milosh Senior member

I am discovering that after three sets of deadlifts and two of light front squats, there is literally no amount of coffee that will keep me awake in the afternoon.

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Ha, I also did those lifts after each other a couple months ago.
    3 sets of 5 reps conv deadlifts and then 2 sets of 10 reps front squats. Brutal.

8. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Weighed in at 187 today, want to hit 190 before September, definitely possible I think.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

How tall are you mark?

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

christened my new chucks today. tfw you bleed on white shoes the first time you use them, not sure whether its a bad feel or proud feel.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Holy shit jarude... even your leg hair is aryan

2 people like this.
  12. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

My squat is really weak compared to all my other lifts, this really bothers me.

13. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

EZ curl bars hurt (shoulder or elbow, I think) and straight barbells don't. Not that I do curls with anything but dumbbells, but not everyone is being a flagrant asshole. Gym doesn't have small straight bars so wat2do.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Me too, I think that may be normal for novice lifters. On the other hand, if my bench keeps getting any worse, I'll be pretty proportional soon :lol:

I also do my barbell curls with a full barbell. I don't even know how much those ez curl bars weigh.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  15. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Mine does.

16. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

5'10.5ish. Why do you ask?

Yeah, I think it's normal too, but I have been lifting since February at this point, meh.

My Bench is actually one of my strongest.... tfw you can almost bench more than you can squat.

What're your numbers at now?

17. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I don't know exactly, last two weeks haven't been great. I think like 165 squat, 145-150ish bench, 245 dead (all 2x5). Hasn't moved in a while... neither has my weight... I've definitely lost some time due to poor effort recently :confused:

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Just curious from the pic you posted. I want more people to be in the 30ish BMI club!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Not everyone wants to be a piggy. I'd have to gain over 50lbs :wow:

20. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I am interested to hear where you progress moving forward. Our numbers are not that different and I know you have more weight on me.

My squat is 185, bench is 155 to 175 (on a good day, 185 on my best days), and DL is 275.

I am on cruise control and it sounds like you are making more of an effort to fix whatever problem it is. If it works lmk b/c perhaps we are both dealing with the same issue. FWIW what do you think if your form?

I love my DL form, I like my squat, I don't know what is happening with my bench