1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

In honor of my birthday gonna do a little vanity post haha, really liking the way my shoulders are coming in [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

3. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Thanks duder.

Cousin got me a $100 gift certificate to GNC, since it's basically free money and I don't really use supplements what should I buy for shits and giggles.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Happy birthday!

Multivitamins, vitamin C, and/or psyllium husk. Just off the top of my head.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  5. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Thanks Charly!

I already take a Multivitam, Vitamin C, Zinc and Omega 3, and put psyllium husk in my shakes. I guess I don't consider those supplements but they are.

Curious about trying out some BCAA's lot's of bullshit on the internet about it helping recovery times.

6. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Quest bars

7. mrchariybrown

They are a lot of bullshit imo.

If you want to try them, take some off my hands.

I literally have pounds of it just sitting here.

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Psyllium husk was a great find. Could just blow it on protein, dymatize isn't bad.

9. gort

gort Senior member

quest bars so good

1 person likes this.
  10. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Hah, well if you are saying it's no good i'll take your word for it.
    Is dymatize any better or worse than ON? I'm down to switch it up, but from all the research i've done it seems like ON is the best protein powder on the market. From my Italian mistress, enjoy RHET brahs. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Quick Q... when you mentioned your sugar mama's 35, did you mean that in a cougary/milfy/over-the-hill sort of way? :(

EDIT: Happy Birthday btw. You're prob better off not seeing my tits

12. mrchariybrown

Best? Nah.

It's probably the most widely available protein powder that's the cheapest for the quality you get, but there are better ones out there.

But when I say "better" it's marginal. As long as you aren't allergic to anything, the cheapest one is the "best" one.

Unfortunately, I need to get custom blends of beef/pea/rice proteins because I'm allergic to dairy and dairy byproducts.

13. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Haha, yes cougary milfy type of way, ain't nothing wrong with being 35 though! And thanks.

Custom blend protein is baller, so if you where to walk into GNC with a $100 what protein would you buy to get the most bang for your buck, literally the cheapest available?

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I don't think about it much, but one my co-workers just reminded me today that I'll be 34 in a month. Training and diet are pretty much on point but making gains significantly slower than dudes 10yrs my junior kinda sucks. Makes me wish I started back then. But there's still measurable progress which is pretty much the only thing keeping me going.

15. gort

gort Senior member

Quest bar: go with chocolate chip cookie dough. Pretty much awesome.

2 people like this.
  16. mrchariybrown

Yea, cheapest one available if you're not sensitive to lactose.

The difference between "crap" protein and "high grade" protein is a few grams of carbs and and gram or two of fat. It's fucking ridiculous that anyone even cares about that. Especially since I believe, you shouldn't even need to take any sort of protein powders if you're trying to stay under 225 or something like that (or unless you live outside of the states where meat is fucking expensive like in the UK).

You should be getting all your proteins from food. Plain and simple.

17. mrchariybrown

To give you a sense of what I do.. I take in about 350g of protein a day.. and only 25g of that is protein powder.

And I'm like 220+ in the morning.

18. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Nah, I totally hear you Charly, and I don't disagree. I try to consume at least 180 grams of protein per day, since that's how much I weigh, and I get all of it from food. I just feel like a little bit extra doesn't hurt, that plus the calories I get from making a shake with the protein powder, banana, peanut butter and yogurt gives me that extra little bit of oomph, why not?

19. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Think about it this way, you're miles ahead of the 24 year old who does not give a fuck about his physical health appearance and well being.

20. FtRoyalty

FtRoyalty Senior member

Anyone have experience with Vitamin Shoppe's whey? Stores will have buy one, get half off the second in September.