1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Hendrix get a coach; works wonders!

2. Crat

Crat Senior member

Hendrix is spot on.

This guy explains it quite well in his vid.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

God damn, some nights after squat sessions I legit can't sleep. In a cold sweat all night with crazy doms and cannot relax. Like it's 2:00am and I've been chillin in bed since 11:00pm. Gotta get this shit figured out because I'm squatting 3x a week now.

1 person likes this.
  4. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

yeah, I actually went to a weightlifting gym and have joined up (on top of the fees for my regular gym, ughhh), but experiments at work have been finishing quite late these days so I haven't been able to go (the regular gym has more flexible hours).

The coach actually does it pro bono which is pretty nice of him.

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

Will try squats today but if it's not feeling good I'll just do goodmornings with 225 or something instead. (next post will be from snap city :slayer:)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  6. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Senior member

+1, always front and high bar, low always felt uncomfortable, I don't think low is needed from a bodybuilding standpoint.

7. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

[​IMG]

Ran out of room for the power runner... guess it's going in the garage.

1 person likes this.
  8. jarude

jarude Senior member

fapfapfapfapfapfap

ill take it. do you ship to canada?

9. Crat

Crat Senior member

This high bar squatting is gonna take some getting used to but its fun. Form seems better but i had to deload.

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Low bar squats for life.

2 people like this.
  11. mrchariybrown

Also, ROM is determined by the flexibility/mobility and STANCE of the squatter.. not the bar position.

I can get equally as deep with either bar position with the same stance.

12. concealed

concealed Senior member

melatonin 3mg - good night

13. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Yeah, I don't really get why some people here want to stay away from low bar squats. It's not like low bar is worse. I don't really think high bar squats require a lot more mobility either. Sure, you need a ton of ankle mobility to get ATG but a proper low bar squat requires lots of hip mobility to get the legs and knees out far enough to the sides with the wide stance.

I don't really know or care about what kind of style I use though, and I don't think anyone should unless you compete in weightlifting or powerlifting. Just squat the way that feels best and enables you to move most weight.

14. mrchariybrown

Yea, just squat which ever way feels more comfortable. Want to squat to beef up your posterior chain and hammies? Do some low bar squats. Want to squat to beef up your quads more? Do some high bar squats. It ain't rocket science.

Ain't sport specific neither. Powerlifting = low bar? There are plenty of guys that squat high bar, low bar, and weird mid bar positions (i.e., Eric Lillebridge).

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  15. fuji

fuji Senior member

My low bar squat stance requires fuck loads of mobility. Hitting depth with your feet as wide as the plates is fairly difficult.

Since term is over LSE summer school is on and now the gym is full of americans from mid tier unis, wtf is choate, it sounds like choad. What is up with americans and retarded as fuck nike and under armor shirts. Brb wearing my nike "no rests on the road to the top" T shirt whilst db benching 18kg dbs because im an elite fucking athlete, brb wearing my singlet so everyone can see my cock whilst deadlifting 60kg, brb wearing as much notredam nike lacrosse shit as possible for my 4kg lateral raises even though I obviously don't play lacrosse. Your womens are quite fit though, but even they wear absolutely shit loads of under armor too. Why you need to cover yourself in spandex to run on an elliptical for 20 minutes.

16. jarude

jarude Senior member

there should be no questioning of spandex/lulu clad fit cardio bunnies

4 people like this.
  17. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

Finally, the gainz are coming in strength wise. I stopped being a pussy and deadlifted 345 lbs for 3x3, squat is still weak at 255 lbs and bench is 275 lbs. Feelsgoodman.

Oh and I forgot to add and it's really too late now, but I actually agree with hendrix that big boobs are gross...

1 person likes this.
  18. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

So have I.

19. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

choate is a private high school in connecticut.

20. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

I am also part of the high bar squatz crew. I think it takes a good amount of mobility to do high bar squats.