1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I don't think weightlifting is boring at all.

With that being said, congrats Charly.

Thirdly, no offense toasty, but I'm pretty sure I'm bigger and stronger than you, but last DL day I was doing 255 at 3x5, not because I couldn't do more, but because I'm really trying to dial in form... I don't think you should focus so much on the weight now

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

300!!

Pulled 2x5 @ 275 then 300 for 2 reps. Felt good at 300. Could have pulled for 1 to maybe completing the set. Crazy..

Time for food!!!!

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

you can change out assistance work and keep the framework of the program the same. if you have something that's working, stick with it. swap out bent-over rows for db rows or machine rows or something, turn pullthroughs into rdl's or db gm's, etc.

4. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Had to bail from squat tonight; FML Succesfully got back into squatting 5 times a week on the other hand YAY!!!
    Crat- Since your lowbarring most of the mob work won't help too much as its not really needed but do it anyway......just do more mob work.
    John Cena has a great snatch! Also anyone see Klokov plate flipping 25kg.......what the fuck!
    Edit: Anyone mind reviewing 'Supple Leopard'?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

link to Cena doing snatches?

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

this will sound ridiculous but I've seen a vid of the guy doing cleans and his technique is much better than you'd expect

but not what you'd call great

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  7. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Snatches:
    Plate Flip:

8. Flame

Flame Senior member

Any RHET stateside bros can do me a favor and help me order online? What I'm looking for doesn't ship to Asia.

9. Eason

Eason Senior member

up to 3x5 squats @ 255 today and I'm a bit scared, because my right hip fascia is bothering me again. It seems I have to stretch and palpate my hip (torn hip/quad about 6 months ago) so much just to get it feeling comfortable. I want to keep squatting, but if I injure my leg again it's probably going to require surgery if I want to squat again. Maybe drop from 3x to 2x a week? or make one of the days very light?

p.s. finally found the secret to a solid deadlift. Keep the hamstrings tight the whole set-up, you can't let them get slack. Keep the tension in them and you'll be sure to fire them instead of your lowerback

10. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Stay safe Eason! Losing the ability to squat is a nightmare......40 and can still squat 5x a week (bragged twice today ;p)....

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

good thing this is not reddit because this next one would get downvoted to shit:

you know if you have a really bad injury that's not letting up, have you considered that you'd do work outside of the front or back squat if they're the things that specifically aggravate the leg? stuff like the leg press and these things, while hated as fuck are totally legit still especially if injuries are the limitng factor.

The knee-jerk response ofc would be to say consult a sports physician and/or PT but i suspect you've already done all these things.

12. Eason

Eason Senior member

front squats don't aggravate it, but leg presses do extremely. But there is no substitute for a back squat :( I know this because I front squatted up to 205 while I was most severely injured but my back squat was way below that when I tried to get back into it

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

stay safe

but seriously, if i had a choice between front squatting injury-free and back squatting around pain and risking surgery/never squatting again, i would front squat for the rest of my life.

3 people like this.
  15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Whatcha need?

16. Crat

Crat Senior member

Stay safe mate!

Wasn't leg day today but i did a few squats to see to what degree my squat form is weight dependent. Trying to keep a big chest and my head up.
    What do you think, mobility or strength issue? Last one was 90% 1RM.
    Sorry to keep bothering you guys with this.

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Private video Crat. But I can answer your question, it's strength related first then mobility last. Strength is king when it comes to mobility, took me a bit to realize this. Muscles want to move in the most efficient way, but weaknesses inhibit that so other muscles take over and other pathways to movement open up. So when building out a plan to fix that strengthen the areas while also working on mobility.

1 person likes this.
  18. Crat

Crat Senior member

Thanks Coldsnap, is it visible now?

As some of you already said, I probably should try to go less deep w. low bar form.
    Just found this one.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

It doesnt look too bad though.. You should get some squat shoes, that will help. Try to keep your chest up more and stay tighter at the bottom.

1 person likes this.
  20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I think your depth is good for a low bar raw squat. On that 90% 1 RM anything higher might get turned down at a meet.

1 person likes this.