1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ah crap.. that is really low.

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

No kidding, don't really have a choice I guess. I was hoping it would be better than last time...5000iu vitamin d and more sleep didnt do chit for me :(

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Some people are just dealt better/worse hands. Definitely go to an endo.

4. Towers

Towers Senior member

At least if your endo system is already trashed you don't have to worry about wrecking it. Gear up!

Wishing my shoulders always looked like they do right after shoulder day, sickening vascularity and striations, makes me want to rush to the beach before it wears off and back to normal :(

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

What was your TSH? A lot of times low test is due to poor thyroid function.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

holy shit son. I'd get your thyroid checked and get that cleared up then start looking at TRT. My body wants to be a 135lb weakling but my test was 740 and free was 130.

7. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Don't know yet, can post it when they email results. I think she said it was high though.

Thyroid issues do run in my family. It'd be great if I could pop some pills for that and clear up the rest.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

You def should. You want a healthy thyroid.

9. APK

APK Senior member

This conversation reminds me I need to get some blood work done again. I've been on Synthroid for almost a year and a half. Blood tests had shown I was slightly hypo (3.12), so I should see if the medication has made any difference. I'd imagine my test is low, too, but haven't been back to get it tested since they accidentally tested my blood for something else (instead of T-levels).

Regardless, I've been sleeping like hell because of the heatwave and no AC. Almost no motivation to train and diet has been shoddy. Not in a good place these last few weeks, RHET bros. :(

10. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Just got bloodwork done, now all the more curious to see my levels. I hope you can manage to get everything in check V

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Use a false handgrip for muscleups. Rings are more fun.

Practice handstands with your belly towards a wall, hands as close to the wall as possible, and feet touching the wall. Lift one foot off and practice taking the other foot off or alternate feet. Make sure you can fall into a roll tho

I've been practicing handstand walks. Hard to keep legs straight and hips solid.

2 people like this.
  12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Good luck. what panel did you choosek?

13. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

A lil bulking update:

Weighted myself for the first time since I started this bulk 6 weeks ago. Up 5 lbs so far. I've got visible lower ab veins some days when I'm not bloated so maybe I'm still sub 10% bf? I don't look much fatter but I'm def bigger.

Either way, lifts are going up. Set a Squat PR today for 2 sets of 5 and thought it wasn't hard enough, so I did my first 20 rep set afterwards. Very low weight but it'll help me dial in my form at the very least.

While all lower body lifts are going up quickly, I'm struggling with the pressing. Bee pressing roughly the same weights for some time now. Thinking it has to do with my form, since the other lifts are increasing. Or is it common that upper body progress is slower?

14. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Whatchu mean...? I just went to my doc and told him I want bloodwork done and have my test levels checked.

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Meant like lipid panel, thyroid panel, metabolic panel, etc. So you know if he's checking free test too?

Still waiting on my full results... how long does it take to send an email? :plain:

16. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

More and more, I am thinking that people who are consistent with gym attendance and follow a semi legitimate program that encourages progression, yet fail to see strength improvements, would at the very least be on the low end of the range for test. I think people can mask this issue by gaining body fat, which improves leverages / function and forces the body to add their comparatively minor amount of muscle. It seems a real quandary, as moderate low test still allows for sexual function and intermediate levels of fitness with significant work, so is TRT/HRT really indicated? Is that the best use of limited resources? Would you really start HRT and be stuck on that shit for life just so your total would go up by 20% and you'd be a couple percent leaner? Is that worth it?

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

My fever just broke and I feel amazing, yay. Going to eat 3 chipotle burritos today and a ton of food during the weekend to get bloated back up. Not really sure about what I'll do for the gym next week. I was only sick for three days but at one point I felt like I had a 103* fever..

I think I'm a direct example that a decent level test does not equal the natural ability to get strong.

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Free test: 6.4
    TSH: 5.32

Diagnose me rhet doctors.

Also now realized they only did TSH even though I asked for the whole panel, so pretty much guaranteed I needlessly have to get blood drawn again.

19. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yoga is where I learned to do head and shoulder stands. Never did them as a kid, so I'm amazed to be doing them now. Actually going to a yoga workshop on inversions this Saturday. Lots of health benefits are associated with inversions.

20. bob digital

bob digital Well-Known Member

Speaking of The Rock, he posted his diet on twitter a few weeks ago. Was curious so I did a quick calc on myfitnesspal. Looks like ~ 4500cal 40p/35c/25f.

[​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com