1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Yoga classes In pursuit of yoga chicks.

Gonna attempt to do a full handstand as my next goal.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Awesome! All those buildings and businesses look respectable :eek:
    I am in need of a vacation, too

My train of thought is that if you are already at a higher weight, why not continue building up your strength and progress there instead of "resetting". 180 lb seems like a good weight to get strong fast. If your form is an issue just drop the weight down and work on that etc. I just do not see the point in cutting if your primary goal is to eventually get bigger and stronger. Can't you correct everything at X body weight instead of cutting so much? Unless you are going for a slimmer, more cut aesthetic perhaps I can see your reason.

Can someone recommend me a ab routine, please?? SPBR has it 1x a week at 3x10. I want to do more and vary up the exercise. Can someone recommend me some beginner, intermediate, and expert level type of workouts for my core?

3. Eason

Eason Senior member

tfw after you do deads with shorts and then step in the shower for the first time after, and the water lights the cuts on your shin right the fuck up

4. Towers

Towers Senior member

Do people scrape their shins on the lift or the drop? I've never really banged up my shins doing deadlifts before.

5. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Senior member

Usually the lift, I've never cut myself, but always see that my shins are bruised the next day and usually they last 3-4 days.

6. Eason

Eason Senior member

The lift up.

7. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Depends on where the knurling on the bar is.

8. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I only scrape the chins on sumo DLs. Always have to clean the bar after I'm done.

Scraping the chins is an indicator that your shins are not vertical enough. I believe you shouldn't scrape them if you DL properly.

9. Eason

Eason Senior member

That doesn't make sense, since the shins are just as vertical, if not more so, than on a traditional dl.

10. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Not for me.
    I'm tall with long legs so getting into the sumo position with the legs spread apart that far is really tough.
    I tend to fall back if my chins are vertical.

On the conventional deadlift I have better front to back stability since my feet are pointed straight ahead, instead of at a degree outwards like on the sumo.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  11. Crat

Crat Senior member

Cool stuff Graphic, handstand 4 yoga chicks : )
    Any progress w numbers chick?

Im annoyed we don't have a good place to practice muscle ups, not that I can do them. I want to be able to do them though, more than improving my DL or squat. (I never scrape shins btw w DL)
    Also failed bench PR attempt( 120kg) yesterday. Sucks that 5kg can make such a difference. Soon.......
    Anyone here have tips for the muscle up? Just do a ton of explosive pull ups?

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

I tried to do one recently. I think if I could kip I would be able to do them fairly easy. I was doing pull ups fast enough that I could let go at the top and get my chest over the bar and let go of the bar, but I couldn't transition into the dip.

Crat, I'm merlin your progress, didn't you recentlyish post about getting a 400kg total or something, now your deadlifting like 210kg.

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

+1

Big fake boobs are terrible looking, 9-10 the look like someone glued volleyball to their chest.

The should be bleeding right away or you are doing it wrong wrong. :embar:

14. Crat

Crat Senior member

Tnx Fuji.
    Yah 400kg big three was my target some time last year, now I'm at 460. (weak squat, but working on that) DL is 205 1rm btw, not 210 (yet) :(
    The transition w. the muscle up is where i'm struggling I think though thats probably not my only problem. Might have to go to a playing ground to practice that with with a little jump or so.

Also. I made some modifications to my straps and added some motivation not to use them (too much). : )
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I scrap the inside of my shin right below my knee and scrape/bruise the inside of my thighs right above my knees when sumo deadlift.

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I betcha lifting with The Rock would be awesome.

1 person likes this.
  17. Eason

Eason Senior member

I have seen her, can confirm aesthetics

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

New results confirmed low t :( Fuuuu.... don't wanna be injecting every week for life.

19. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

How low is low?

20. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

250, potential hypothyroid issues too... need to see an endo before they'll treat me, apparently I just went to a clinic. Waiting to get full results sent, they just talked to me on phone so far.