Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I had size 33 T00s for a bit. They stretch out to be a 34 iirc. What I meant was size 31 is pretty damn small legs

2. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Being so much shorter just means that proportionally you look wider even though you have pretty much the same waist as me.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea. I'm actually real close to 5'8 but people laugh when I say 5'7.75, like I'm squeezing out the extra bit lol. I've always genetically had a bubble butt too, I'm sure that doesn't help. Chest and arms have filled out a lot since I now have corrected my shoulder issue, as this grows the hips look smaller.

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Nah I back squat on dynamic effort days, front squat just happens to be the max effort lift I'm using now will switch it to paused back squats or maybe front squats when the normal front squat stops going up. I've pulled 200kg before, can't really cheat a deadlift. Might make a video of me squatting in the t-000s they're pretty stretchy and very tight, with knee wraps I might get a few kg out of them. Obviously ill pull them up really high so they cover more of my hips. That'll have to be before I go back to school though and I'm still not feeling well after being sick so it might have to be DE work with something like 285. School gym has a policy against jeans. Virus absolutely raped me dropped me down to 172

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  5. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

I've got a 36" waist at 5'6. 44" chest keeps me V-shaped at least.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I took you for taller. Maybe its the tats.

7. joshuadowen

Tats?

8. Towers

Towers Senior member

For someone who claims to pull a lot of weight you look real twinkish.

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

You got fucking called out, fuji. You gonna take that?

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

200kg isn't exactly a huge pull not too much over double body weight and double body weight is a shit deadlift. Eason we just discussed this via text I will do a video on Saturday showing my 75 percent DE work AND doing a pull up too to prove I am not one of the many people frauding on being able to do those.

11. APK

APK Senior member

I dunno, Coldsnap, I know you have dreams of getting all jacked, but I think your approach is just getting you fat. You were skinny most of your life, so you've got the mindset that more scale weight is a good thing. You've mentioned your weight is in the 180's. Based on that and what you've shown us and told us, I'd gotta imagine a lot of that weight is fat. I'm three inches taller than you, also have big thighs and a bubble butt and a true waist of 36" was pretty much rock bottom for me last year. I've got a shirtless pic of myself from that time and I look like someone who never lifted and always had a reserve of cake in the fridge.

Right now, you do not look like someone who lifts. You're pretty pear-shaped. I say that as someone who prided himself on lifting several times a week and trying to eat well (but obviously veering from that too often), yet looked quite pear-shaped in the aforementioned picture. I'm down about 25 pounds and nearly four inches in the waist since that time. I don't have great genetics, but once I stopped justifying eating lots of delicious junk food so frequently, the fat magically started disappearing, genetics be damned.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

N/M. I confused you with another poster there for a second. my bad.

13. TheDelta

TheDelta Member

vids or it didnt happen

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Yeah meal/calorie tracking + doing a hypertrophy program will make a huge difference. I've recently started he 5/3/1 BBB challenge and have found some rapid improvement in my weakpoints. Ignored arms/quads/calves for too long.

15. joshuadowen

Just a quick clarification of my deadlift advice to people hitting their knees with the bar. Obviously any number of things wrong with my form here, but this is what I meant about keeping your torso angle steady until the bar is above the knees.

This way you can get vertical bar path without the bar hitting your knees.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012