1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

btw this is the guy who is giving you advice on how to get jacked

[​IMG]

2. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

TK, or anyone for that matter, do you guys do cardio while bulking?

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Last year I didn't -- this year I'm giving it a try. Just been doing some 15 min HIIT sessions on a stationary bike. Helps with DOMs and I figured I ought to have a bit of CV endurance so I don't die every time I have a PT test.

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I don't have this problem. Hardly sweat while working out. Been wondering if that means I'm not working hard enough, but I can't just magically bang out more weight either... Maybe because I keep my house warmer than the gym so I'm used to it.

5. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Haha, I have no issues with that. Do you disagree with his advice or have any of your own then?

6. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

wow. you got me. good one?

7. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

seriously, do I have to look up TKJTG fit pics or do you have an actual contribution to make?

aside from that, I'm amazed at the number of people that struggle understand that I don't use WAYWT to be a thumb-collector. I've posted plenty of good fits, I just have no desire to repeat the same fits for more internet approval.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Just thought he should see your credentials before blindly accepting your pseudoadvice.

9. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Word, I think i'll just start biking to and from the gym and call it my cardio. It's 8 miles so it has to count for something.

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

It wasn't your fit I was posting -- it was your DYEL physique.

11. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hoping to make a transition over to sumo deadlifts to see if that works out better for me.

As for my current wide ass squat stance, I'm testing it out if it'll work for me too. It's helping me cut my depth right off at parallel but I don't really feel as strong with it as I do with a semi-wide stance. I'll stick with it for a bit though. If anything, I'll beef up my hips and lower back and help if I transition back to my old stance.

12. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

you can't see my physique?

do you have a contribution?

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Exactly.

lol my pictures are well documented on here

14. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

a contribution to the guy's question. really man, I just don't get your attitude.

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

My attitude is please stop giving fucking advice out to anyone and everyone and contradicting others when it's clear you have no idea wtf you're doing.

As far as the guy's question -- if he's NEVER done any sort of gym training at all he most definitely should hire a personal trainer with a good reputation for a few sessions to learn the basic movements and safety.

16. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

You don't think youtube and a video camera are sufficient? Serious question, as long as you keep weight light to avoid injury risk, I don't see why you couldn't dial in form from free feedback online rather than gamble on a trainer that may or may not what they're talking about.

17. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

whatever man, carry on with your "DYEL Phaggot" talk and whatever other advice you want to give. I just hope that if he does hire a personal trainer it's not the same guy that taught you how to squat.

18. mrchariybrown

[​IMG]

19. mrchariybrown

But seriously.. can't we all just get along?

4 people like this.
  20. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

My squat form sucks. I know it does. I've been working on it to improve it. But you dont see me running around giving people advice on how to squat, do you? That's your problem -- you talk like you know what you're doing when obviously you're missing something. All the advice you give people is based off of shit you've read on here or other websites and none of it comes from valid personal expertise. It's broscience at its worst.