1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Naw just a different set of goals and lifestyle. I recently watched American psycho again and thought it would be cool to be that lean. But dude looks like nothing in regular clothes.

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This is what I do. Pretty simple it's brain dead.

3,000 calories "clean" food, 40/25/35 split.

Anything beyond 3k calories, dirty it up and dgaf about macros.

215-220 with abs. Not bad huh? Need to put on 10 more.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  3. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Thanks guys. Super helpful stuff here. I should probably figure out my BMR more exactly if I'm going to be serious about this...

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

For anyone wondering what the best remedy for elbow tendonitis is.... do nothing for at least a week

I feel rejuvinated

5. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Damn son, you're gonna be huge.

What happens when you max out your genetic potential, roids?

Srsquestion

6. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I'm gonna have to remember these posts and use them as fuel once I start the bulk. I'm in DYEL territory sadly now at 165 @ 5'8.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Youtube staking chariy. Your wide stance squats look just like mine, any reason for all the wide stance shit?

Am not trusting dumbbells from different gym nows. Was on american military base doing db bench last weekend. 70lb rubber dbs were feeling heavy as fuck for some reason, like 95s or something and 50lb was feeling pretty hard overhead. Lifting today, using standard metal plate loaded dbs 40kg was feeling pretty light on flat bench so I went up to 45s then did 30s for sets of 15 on overhead.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Not sure yet, to be honest. I think I'm at least two years away from seeing gains slow down to the point where I'd consider it.

The problem is being in the Army and being a Doc, I'm risking a lot by juicing. The likelihood of getting busted is slim, but enough so that it makes me seriously contemplate whether or not it would be worth it.

9. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Yeah, I hear that, my "brofessor" so to speak is a lawyer, and he juiced but same as you he was alway scared about being found out and losing his J.D and all that.

You could just prescribe yourself test haha

10. Crat

Crat Senior member

Each to their own.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Are there resources to find good doctorl/endo locally? Am I just left with google?

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

DYEL phaggots are the worst

brb unsightly
    brb constantly mirin swole dudes while they're getting their swole on
    brb accusing everyone of roids
    brb can't spot you properly
    brb hogging squat rack to quarter squat 115
    brb come in groups of 5 and take up space
    brb clearing Target out of tank tops
    brb check out abs in mirror after every set
    brb hogging all the light dumbbells to bench press when swole dudes need them for lateral raises
    brb brb

1 person likes this.
  13. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

wait even deadlifts you do 3x10 for size? I haven't gone above 5 reps for anything bar assistance this year, and tbh I do remember getting more size when I was on a higher volume workout.

14. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Want to get into lifting, but don't know where to start. Lurked this thread for a while, but it's a bit confusing as an outsider. Currently 6'0 ~170lbs. Want to look good while still fitting into clothes. Like actors that people consider "jacked", I guess.

I won't have any problems sticking to a diet, it's the gym part that's intimidating, as I haven't stepped foot in one since the 9th grade. Should I get a trainer to show me how to properly do some exercises, gym etiquette, etc? Unfortunately, none of my friends lift, so there's no one to show me the ropes. Can anyone link me to some programs for noobs?

If you guys were starting over from square one, what would you do? Thanks dudes.

15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Well I would but right now I'm trying to nail down my sumo deadlifts so I'm working with 5x5 but then I do 3x10 dimels afterwards and a whole bunch of other stuff with 10-20 reps.

16. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Google stripped 5x5

Add 3x10 curls on A day, and 3x10 dips on B day.

17. fuji

fuji Senior member

Tested my vertical only 28" feels bad man. When will it be my turn for 40" master race.

18. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

The "buy raw denim and common projects" suggestion is to buy the book "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe.

The only consideration with that book is that if you're ever planning on doing the olympic lifts as anything other than just the "power" versions, you should probably do a high bar olympic style squat rather than the low bar powerlifting squat he recommends. But really as long as you're doing either with proper form it shouldn't matter too much.

There are plenty of starting programs for beginners that are similar to starting strength. Just make sure you pick one that focuses on the "big" barbell lifts like squats, deadlifts, benchpress and overhead press. The dogma is that these should give you the best basis for strength and size gains.

You can also check out youtube videos where people demonstrate form.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

hmmm.

definitely something to consider.

I think now that cleans and snatches are a major part of my workouts and are really only 1-2 reps per set, it might be a good idea to add some volume, especially since I'm trying to put on weight quickly.

20. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

What do you guys lift in shirts wise?

After a workout I have to twist and contort to be able to peel myself out of the cotton t shirts I wear, it's like wearing a soaking towel. Guess I gotta get on that synthetic jawn, anyone tried out these uniqlo airism tees?