1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Naw not really. I could give a chit what I look like year round. Only thing that really matters to me is stage appearance. The quickest way to add on quality muscle is to do a proper bulk, so that's what I do. Doesn't really matter to me if abs disappear for a while. In order to get the body I want in the fastest possible time, I realize that "lean bulking" isn't the way to go.

If I was single my answer might be different, though. :p

2. Towers

Towers Senior member

Like this sentiment, depresses me to see DYEL figs talk about cutting at 6' 170lbs thinking theyre jacked because they have vascularity and abs.

Joocy posterior delts :inlove:.

1 person likes this.
  3. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

That's one of the things that sucks about being single having to keep the body fat low to impress the sloots. That's until winter happens and you can cover up and hide them handles.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Very nice jarude.

vacation impressions on me gaining 40lbs or however much it was

friends from college and highschool - holy shit bro you are legit jacked now, you put on so much mass since we were young. Wouldn't stop squeezing biceps.

friends I use to power lift - one said absolutely nothing, who is the one I try to get the most validation from lol. One said I should do sheiko and that 5/3/1 is a comfort thing, which I quickly ignored. One said I put on size.

grandma - "you got a little fat but that's ok." lol

had a ton of fun tho and I'm staying an extra few days because my flight was cancelled. More time to lift and tan I guess.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Too many skinny phaggots are content with being a skinny phaggot. I'm tired of being a skinny phaggot so when I bulk, I bulk hard. I figure 20, maybe 25, pounds of additional LBM and I'll finally start to look halfway decent.

1 person likes this.
  6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I support the new tkjtg. Although you going to look way better than me through that bulk. I gots a long long ways to go. I'll shape up once in done climbing back up to 200 and start eating maint plus prowler work.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Though tbh unless I experience unprecedented gainz I prob won't bulk past 205 this year. :hide:

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Coldsnap, I dont see how you're not gaining too much fat at 200lb and 5'6" whatever at the rate you put on weight. Maybe grandma was right :hide:

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

DOWN WITH ALL THE 6' 180 lb DYEL PHAGGOTZ TRYING TO CUT

1 person likes this.
  10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Good old grandma, probably right. I don't think I'll ever weigh more than 200 for a long length of time. I was going to stay at 195 but I was dumb and didn't think about weight classes

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

170 :teach:

12. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Question on bulking.. May join the dirty bulk crew. Awares me on how. Notably:

1. If I'm getting 1-2g protein/lb/day does it matter which macro the excess calories are?
    2. What's a good excess to shoot for daily? Lift 4x a week, do pretty intense sports (pick up basketball and football and sprints) on non-lift days usually.

13. Towers

Towers Senior member

I wish I had kept going when I was getting decent gainz, hit 220 and got scuurd and now I can't get past 210 despite stuffing my face and hitting carbs hard post-WO.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Recipe for bulking:

1. 1g protein per pound - no more, no less
    2. Eat high carbs and moderate fats to fill out rest of calories
    3. Lift heavy
    4. Gain about 1lb/week

The secret is that most people think the most important macro for weight gain/loss is protein -- it isn't. It's carbs. Protein is simple...eat 1g protein per pound a day every day for the rest of your life and you never need to worry about it again. The amount of carbs you're taking in is MUCH more important when it comes to gaining and losing weight.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

That's how I did it. Also cushioned carbs around workouts and ate 0 carbs on days I don't train. Just adjusted carba and fats if I was bulking or eating maint.

16. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Haha, I feel that everyone IIT pushing good numbers hates me. Was cutting from 185 to just over 170 at 6'3. Was proper DYEL meth addict mode for a while but I think it was worth it for the experience and the fact that I can bulk now for a long time. Had I lost more strength I wouldn't be that positive.

On dat bulk now at least and seeing good gains.

17. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

We hate you because we care about you. Say goodbye to Auschwitz-mode and embrace thy poptarts.

1 person likes this.
  18. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

1. I say 1.5g per pound. Works better for most folks in my experience.
    2. Yep, agreed.
    3. Yes, but not the only way. To be completely honest, more volume works better for growth/body weight gain in my experience. Weight is still heavy but on my main movements I'm using a weight I can pump out 3x10 with instead of a weight I use to pump out 2x3.
    4. Would be nice. There's not real set number. Depends on your height and how much you weigh already.

19. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Not gonna do a dirty bulk, as I admit I do care about how I look year around.

That said, I just ate a 2000 calorie pasta meal and gonna go for another 800 cals in a bit :)

1 person likes this.
  20. yintangc

yintangc Member

Going to gym is never wrong.

1 person likes this.