Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

CTT gives me a bad after taste nowadays and the cinnamon TBH is too much. Makes even the almond milk too sweet when I finish chugging it down. Crunchy Nut is really the best cereal I have had with a good balance of sweetness (don't take me wrong, I am sure all cereal of this category all have high grams of sugar). However, it is also pretty expensive for a box. CTT on the other hand at least is sold at Costco so seems like you are getting a better deal.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  2. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Yea, no humidity here really, but still feels super hot regardless of what people say. I'd love to see a day below 100 this week...

It's like $3.50 for a box? What's the issue?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  3. gettoasty

IF you so then it's not too bad. I remember it being like $4-5

TBH I cycle food a lot and if I had a choice and am getting a craving I rather just get a PBJ plus your preferred cup of milk than cereal. More filling, gives me carbs, a small gram of protein, and decent amount of calories.

4. gettoasty

True. I can only press 75 lb right now, anyways. Might as well drop the clean and perform a military press but then it is kind of double the load when I do the next set, which is sitting down.

The workout this afternoon consisted of:
    Standing clean and press
    Sitting press
    Arnold press
    Lateral shoulder raises
    Triceps
    Pull ups

BTW, who here is on SPBR still? I am curious what your routine is, how strictly you follow IA setup, and your progress both in strength and aesthetics.

Flame, do you care to write out your routine?

Coldsnap, you called me out once about strength training and since I do not see myself ever competing, what routine would you suggest in lieu of SPBR for aesthetics?

5. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Was only 2.60, but also a skinnier box... wtf? Apparently walmart is only carrying skinny cereal boxes now, unlike all of their customers. For peanut butter, the only choice is peanut butter & co. white chocolate wonderful.

You have an entire day for only shoulder? Except the pull-ups/triceps I guess, which you tack on the end. You may be the only one still in this thread on a strict SPBR routine. jarude's got me on this new routine:

1 person likes this.
  6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

I greatly prefer DB presses to Military presses.

though right now i can only do seated shoulder presses so my opinion is useless.

7. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

I don't have a shoulder day, just throw them into 2-3 days a week after my main lifts. Finally managed a 1pps OHP for 3 reps last week. :slayer:

8. gettoasty

I have really small shoulders and it would assist with my bench hopefully if I do not injure myself.

thought I<3bacon was still on SPBR. i am alone!

9. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

Wasn't enough squatting so I got off it. The pressing volume did wonders for my bench tho.

10. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Because I don't like having to wear oly shoes to high bar squat less weight. If I do that, might as well do front squarts.

11. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

The hodge twins were right about pre-workouts. You think "fuck that shit, I don't need it"

but once you've tried it... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

12. msg

msg Well-Known Member

For the guy talking about Gatorade, may want to check out Center for Science in the Public Interest - cspi.org. They've written some interesting stuff about what kind of athlete that is useful for and for who it's just the equivalent of soda.

13. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Well-Known Member

First day back at the gym from a month break. Feelsdamngoodman..

14. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

thanks. all i could find was how they are trying to get sports drinks out of schools with repeated references to how its only beneficial for people involved in high-intensity exercise for an hour or more. i get that and there's probably only 3-4 times a week where i'm justified in drinking a litre of the stuff in that sense; thankfully i'm active ~10 hours of the day so i can get away with chugging it down.

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

lol which one you try bruh?

I swear the first time I tried 1MR I felt like I was having a 2 hour long orgasm at the gym.

16. gort

gort Well-Known Member

This needs Arnold pump cumming vid.

17. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

C4. Probably not even that strong but it taskes fuarking gooooooooood

18. Nikolo

Nikolo Well-Known Member

Day one of IASPBR

Goals:
    285 lb for clean sets
    325 lb squat
    355 lb deadlifts

After that, I think I'll bulk to 230 lbs and cut back to 205-210 lbs. I want to cut down to 200-205, but I kind of like being in the 205-215 range.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  19. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

That's pretty ambitious for just 1 day

20. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

I was wasted at some party last night, and this nerdy chick asked me if she could take a picture with me cause I was "jacked" lawlllll. It's funny cause I still think I'm pretty DYEL, my shoulder looks sexy though [​IMG]