1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

SLDL or RDL

1 person likes this.
  2. jarude

jarude Senior member

what?

good mornings - bb, db, banded, paused, or bottom-up. rdl - db single-legged, bb, or deficit. sldl. ham curl - cable/lever or banded. . pullthroughs - cable or banded. swings - 1hand, 2hand, kb/db. zerchers. etc.

but yeah, like i mentioned before i've had the most fun and success with banded db gm's for 2-3x10-15.

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Diet definitely cutting into my energy. Firs time I didn't make progress on a leg day and actually had to decrease the weights. I feel so fucking exhausted right now. On bright side, scale weight was 169.0 this morning. It's both good and bad feels.

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

any other gatorade/powerade/sports drink whores here? i have been drinking gallons of the stuff with swimming and lifting in this weather... i put down 4 litres a day easily. pretty sure i'm peeing orange these days.

also just listed my smith machine for 600, hopefully some dummy bites on it. did one session on it and was pissed off at it though im sure it would pay off in terms of aesthetics if i stuck with it for long enough.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I do pullthroughs, but only because RDL etc. seem intimidating. Did you guys start with the bar first and gradually add weight for RDL? Or start where you squatting weight +/- Pull through really hit my hams and inner groin/thigh area as well as my ass. For pull through is it okay if I sit down a little more vs. this vid? I almost do like a squat [VIDEO][/VIDEO] FWIW I do high bar squat since the beginning, a little low bar squat because my form was bad, and DL of course, which nowadays I feel it all in my glutes and hams, a little in the quads. Feels good since I am hitting the right muscles. I believe I posted before not feeling any ham/glute soreness and it was all in my quads. I am glad I fixed that now. * * * Still on SPBR, going to see what I can achieve in terms of moving higher weight at 160 lb. Added a shoulder / triceps day on Sundays: Standing shoulder press with a bit of a clean movement (when the bar moves from neutral to chest position) edit: Clean and press? Sitting shoulder press with barbell Dumbbell arnold press Upright rows Tricep edit: The extra shoulder day is to help with my bench, to my understanding--185 felt really heavy and unbalanced

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Good rule of thumb is with EVERY new exercise you should start with just the bar and add gradually add weight.

7. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I don't think there's much point in this.

If the weight is light enough for you to press (not jerk) then there's not really any point in cleaning it.

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Mmmm... just had that sambal oelek. Delicious :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  9. Flame

Flame Senior member

I love RDLs + GHRs in same session for hams.

My quads and hams are pretty much even, since for lower body workouts I do 3x5 high-bar atg squats followed by 3x10 RDLs and 2-3x8 GHRs.

10. Flame

Flame Senior member

Singapore Powerlifting Open over the weekend.

The uni team got 2 second-place finishes in the U83kg and U93kg cat.

My U83 bro was insane. 182kg squat and 232kg DL belt-less. Only his bench was a let down (115kg), otherwise he would have won.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I really, really want cereal. It's like my achilles' heel of food, binge eat it 100% of the time. Must stay strong :(

12. jarude

jarude Senior member

Golden grahams :)

Pwo shake lately has been 2 cups milk, 2 cups strawberries, 1 cup go lean and 1 scoop whey. Tasty...

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

How is that helpful? :lol: And yes, love those too.

This is my weakness tho

[​IMG]

Not even the best tasting cereal, but can't quit once I start... plus after like 5 bowls, box is almost empty, so you basically have to finish.

Today was such a good day!! Don't ruin me :(

~2400cal, 220c, 75f, 200p

1 person likes this.
  14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

VLSI I think you should eat it

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Mkay. My milk is expiring anyways... would be such a shame. Golden grahams or crunchy nut or?

16. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I really like Crunchy Nuts. My palate is more sensitive so I prefer the more subtle sweet taste from the honey of the latter. Golden Grahams is like cardboard to me.

17. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

The GOAT

[​IMG]

Import fail lol. Supposed to be CTT

18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

stoned yoga in the morning. so many hot girls there holy shit (flirted with some cute yoga girls on the way out of the class, but like, my life's too busy to follow up even if i scored digits).

super hot soccer in the afternoon (91*)

Today was a good day.

19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Cinnamon toast crunch, no way man.

:plain:

20. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

it was a humid day too.

i was drenched by the end.