1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Pulled for some max efforts for the first time this bulk today. Was able to get 435 without any problems...felt I could have gotten 455+ but decided to wait until next time. I'm thinking my goal of 5 plates in this bulk will be a reality.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

There any cheap alternatives do the airex pad? Just need something squishy and pad like to put under my knee while mobbing.

3. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Steal something from the gym :lookaround:

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Bulk once, cut once. Move forward. Don't look at yourself in the mirror until you start cutting. Cutting w/o lean mass = spinning gears. It took me 4 years of lifting to realize this and is why I'm now just bulking till I'm as strong as I want to be.

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

[​IMG]

Hnnnnnnnnng?

So my squat and DL went down 50 lbs while I was on my (fucking awesome) vacation for just 2 weeks. I came back and reset to starting-strength style full body workouts, but all my lifts have totally stalled and I feel tired as fuck. I've already gained weight so I don't know why I feel so shit. Not enough sleep?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Highly doubt you actually lost that much muscle mass in 2 weeks. Maybe timezone difference?

7. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

8. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sup pussies

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5 people like this.
  9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Can't wait to deadlift with a minor ankle sprain today. Man fuck running hills, I'm going to buy a prowler or something. This is like the third injury in the past 3 weeks from running hills, maybe because the ground is so uneven where I run.

Yea.. I'll buy a prowler and stash it in my trunk. $250ish for something I will use 3-4x a week, I can swing that.

10. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I think i've asked this before, but what is a prowler good for? My gym recently got one, should I incorporate it into leg day?

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Non fitness related, had my first driving lesson today. Why the fuck do people drive stick shifts when automatics exist? Clutch was just annoying to use, only fun bit was up shifting and accelerating (fuk yah 40mph). Don't give a fuck gonna buy an automatic boxster and disregard masculinity. Automatic sounds so much easier, just like mario cart, press 1 thing to go fast and press the other thing to go slow.

1 person likes this.
  12. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I've owned 8 cars in the last ~13yrs... the current one is my first automatic trans. Only fools drive in traffic with a manual trans... took me 8 cars to figure that one out.

13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yea my last two cars were a 400whp+ Talon TSI and a ~350whp Subaru STI.. Both manual.. Both annoying as fuck to driving in the real world situation. The only time they were fun to drive was when there was a windy road with no one on it which was less than 1% of the time I was on the road. Besides that, just a pain to drive and loud as fuck.

So glad I have my 2013 Civic in an automatic. :)

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What'd the talon run in the quarter?

Also are there any other magical secret foods like spaghetti squash? Can't quit eating this shit.

15. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Haha, Americans view on driving differs a bit from Europeans. From my personal experience with driving in US, you view it more as a very practical, passive form of transportation, almost like a train. It's a generalization but the fact that people have huge cars, eat more often in their cars, drive slower and that multi lane highways are more common than in EU says something.

Fuji, you do realize sone people have an interest in cars and motorsport? My family owns a fully electrical (obv auto, no gear shifts at all since it's all one gear) and while i'ts more confortable than the manual 6 gear Audi, its not as engaging and fun to drive.

16. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

I feel you. I just bought a 1968 Triumph, so I'm learning to drive a stick. It's a pain in the ass, but worth it since the car will be so cool once it's done getting restored.

17. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I get that people will simply differ on preference, but I enjoyed a stick. It is a more engaging drive and probably a safer drive for it. As mentioned, you aren't eating or texting or on auto pilot. You're driving.

1 person likes this.
  18. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

where I live the highways are wind-y and hilly.

Can't stand autos unless I'm just driving around the city - in which case I prefer to just walk.

19. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

Need some bulking/strength routine... Gym buddy is stressing a chest/shoulder/tri's, back/bi's, legs/abs routine. So, 3 days and a day or two off. But I hate it and we are looking to do another routine. I am 6'2" and 212-215lbs and he is only 5'9" and 165 lbs, so something that can accommodate the both of us. I was trying to stress maybe:

Day 1: Legs/abs
    Day 2: Chest
    Day 3: Shoulder/Tri's
    Day 4: Back/Bi's
    Day 5: Core/Abs
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Maybe rest or continue back to Day 1

I can't stand doing the chest/shoulder/tri's as it is too exhausting and I feel I can't give a 100% towards the end. Need moar suggestion pleeease.

BTW, he likes to do 5 sets of everything at 8-14 reps.

20. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Saw a dude drop a barbell on his nuts at the gym today. He had crappy form and didn't ask for a spotter. Took him a while to be able to walk around.